Lewis7789 MS6 GT build thread

*disclaimer - I'm not Plastidipping the car because it's a trend right now, it's just a cost effective way of a paint job I can redo after rust repairs.

As the official hater of everything that is plasti-dipped. I accept your explanation and I will allow it. Haha. :)

I saw that and they looked pretty good actually haha. Maybe I'm coming to the dark side, I dunno.

Thanks! and you should... if you dont like it you can peel it off and go back :)

Haha I don't like it enough to do anything that I have in it.

tumblr_inline_mlbgwx6w7C1qz4rgp.gif

Thanks! and you should... if you dont like it you can peel it off and go back :)

Has anyone actually tried to get it off of a wheel? imo it would be tough to get it all off since some wheel designs have tight nooks and crannies. I suppose I am another non-believer.

Installed a lightly used CorkSport resonated test pipe last night. No noticeable sound difference but the turbo does seem to spool quicker and feel pretty good. I love this exhaust though, no drone at all and just a light growl. That's it for power mods until this motor pops and I'll get a downpipe when the new motor goes in.

I need to get a tune. The car feels good and the data logs look good but I would still like everything to be in tip-top shape.

I've been having a weird hiccup every once in a while under light load. Apparently it's a pretty common problem for MS6's and sounds like there was a TSB for a reflash on the ECU that the previous owner had done. I'm still researching. I've never gotten a CEL light for it until last week.

And after the install last week my gauge cluster went full retard. I know I hooked all the sensors back up. I reset the ECU twice and all the lights are still on. On one hand it sucks because I'm not sure why. But I'm getting under the car tomorrow to install my new OEM upper control arms for the SPC ball joints so I'll double check everything. But on the other hand, the car feels great without all the driver aids on.

Gauge cluster at full retard;

Me at full retard;

You.need to drool more your just at partial retard mode.

Hows it handle with the new suspension goodies? I saw you own that entrance to the on ramp last night on the way home from sonic.

We couldn't get the rear endlinks to line up with the stiffest setting of the sway bar. So with everything turned off, there is still a bit of understeer. I would like to get it set to the stiffest setting but I also need an alignment. I've got one scheduled for Saturday morning then we'll see how she feels. I can tell it's a little out of whack, especially on the wet roads this morning. I need to dial it in the suspension a bit more. But everything feels pretty good. No clunks, squeeks or anything. Feels nice and solid in the bends. Sunday's auto-x will get me a better understanding of the limits and Monday's track day at Mid-Ohio will help me learn even more. :)

ps- Marc, I think I wiped my chin of drool before the pic.

Very nice! I need to figure out my exhaust situation. Its bouncing around and hitting the subframe and making some noises.

Otherwise:

3lcd_zps9868f9f9.jpg

How about some CS urethane hangers? I've used them on both P5's and now the MS6 and have always liked them. Just ask V to install them for you, he's strong.

Your exhaust sounds really good, btw.

How about some CS urethane hangers? I've used them on both P5's and now the MS6 and have always liked them. Just ask V to install them for you, he's strong.

Your exhaust sounds really good, btw.

We have them on our cars as well.

I bought the very rear CS hanger from jake and put it on. Got rid of rattling at idle, need to get the full set soon! Youre right about them being a pain in the ass to put on. Stock one came off easy and the CS hanger took my tiny self a good 15 minutes to twist into place.

Back