rear mount insert

:
2003 protege 5
i was wondering if anybody knows if they make/ where i can buy a rear mount insert for an automatic. corksport and rr both say for manual only. is there a diff in the rubber between the 2? gotta change my mount and dont wanna have to do it again for a very long time

gotta change my mount and dont wanna have to do it again for a very long time

So replace it with an OEM mount and you'll be fine. You'll hate the extra cabin vibrations due to the inserts and you won't notice the reduction in engine lash because it's an automatic.

OnlineMazdaParts.com has them for a reasonable price.

SU also makes aftermarket mounts as well as a few other companies that can be found on ebay. differences between the mounts are how stiff they are, they should fit an automatic without any problems. with any aftermarket mount you'll notice a significant increase in vibrations.

how about filling the gaps with window sealant? does that cause alot of vibration?

yes it does, if you're going to do that you might as well get an aftermarket mount

Sportauto - AWR inserts on driver side and passenger side, RR inserts up front, minimal to no difference in vibes...worth it to get more mileage out of the mounts IMO. I have CS inserts for the rear mount but haven't installed yet. I don't see where the vibes will go to anything intolerable with those. Just get lowest durometer available and stay away from all teh aftermarket solid mounts, that's where bad vibe issues come from, even with low durometer. Just one solid mount up front was 10 times worse than the 3 sets of inserts in 3 mounts now and it was a 72 durometer.

12drive my car is almost ur cars twin! lol are u auto or manual? with the 3 inserts you have now what are the vibrations like? i know youll feel it a little more than stock but is it like havinig a broken mount vibration? or like a harley davidson motor? thanks

Mine is sportauto and the vibes with 3 inserted mounts is barely any different than oem and that is mostly stopped at lights in drive with AC running. Other than that, unnoticeable. It is much less than broken mount and s*** ton less than HD motor.

What kind of condition should the oem mounts be in if using inserts? Can they be in bad enough shape that inserts are a waste of money and the mounts should just be replaced entirely?

I wouldn't put inserts in torn mount. I bought front untorn used one to add inserts to before tossing the torn one. Side ones were not torn when adding inserts. Rear still good from what I can see - no inserts back there.

Back