How To: Rewire Fogs For Always On

I did this last week and wanted to post my after shots. It was very easy, took 10 minutes.
Also have a comparison shot of the bulbs, silverstar on the left, stock on the right.
DSC00114.jpg

DSC00112.jpg

DSC00118.jpg

I am going to follow drew's directions and was wondering when you have to ground the red/white wire, do you you splice a wire off of it and ground that or do you just unplug it and ground that so it is no longer plugged into the fog switch?

idk if this was mentioned or thought of, but has anyone thought of just essentially Hard wiring the Fogs to the switch and the battery? IE fogs only on when button is pushed in, regardless of what other combo of lights are on?

So with button pushed to "on" position you could have:
just fogs
fogs and parking
fogs and normal lights
fogs and highs

If i missed where that was already done i'm sorry and, i can haz link/quote? lol

i hooked mine up and now my park lights dont work so i hooked it back up factory still no park lights....any suggestions?

Forgive me if it's in this thread, but I could not find it.

Are the fogs still toggleable with the fog light switch or are they ALWAYS on?

they work the same as normal, except you have the option to turn them on with the parking lights. the switch works as normal, they turn off with the high beams, and turn off when you move the headlight switch to full off.

yeah, im going to try it this weekend, I have wanted to do it ever since I saw Pirahna's yellow MSP wired that way..that is the legendary MSP right there. I still look at the article "no respect" on his car in one of the 2007 Modified Mags I got. Also, I just noticed the side markers are on too, is that wired the same way you would do the fogs for "always on".

attachment.php

Attachments

• rewired fogs.jpg
    rewired fogs.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 633
Side markers works like before. Maybe he modified them to always on beacause he didn't have the bumper markers anymore. Or pic was taken with car on hazards lights.

Side markers works like before. Maybe he modified them to always on beacause he didn't have the bumper markers anymore. Or pic was taken with car on hazards lights.

MSP doesn't come with markers on the bumper like the p5 does. That picture is a static display with parking lights/fogs on..no hazards. that's what made me ask about the side markers being wired "always on" with the parking lights.

http://www.msprotege.com/vbb230/showthread.php?threadid=26232 NOTE: The wire colors are "solid color/stripe" if there is one color then there is no stripe. 1. Find the Fog Light relay. Located in the drivers side foot well. Look up.2. Using the 10mm deep socket unbolt the two bolts holding on the DRL, FOG light and other stuff up there.3. On the FOG LIGHT RELAY cut RED wire about 2 from connector.4. Crimp a male butt connector on the connector side, and crimp a female butt connector on the harness side.5. Take a length of wire about 3 and crimp a female butt connector on one end.6. Plug the new wire into the RED wire you just cut with the male connector on it.7. Label the free end of this wire as FOG LIGHT RELAY. 8. Find the DRL module. Again located in the drivers side foot well. Look up.9. Unplug the 2 harnesses. You only need to modify the small harness with 7 wires in it.10. Cut the YELLOW/GREEN wire about 2 from the connector.11. Crimp a male butt connector on the connector side, and crimp a female butt connector on the harness side.12. Cut the BLUE/ORANGE wire about 2 from the connector.13. Crimp a female butt connector on the connector side, and crimp a male butt connector on the harness side.14. Plug wire YELLOW/GREEN into wire BLUE/ORANGE on the harness side.15. Take another length of wire about 3 and crimp a female butt connector on one end.16. Plug the new wire into wire YELLOW/GREEN on the connector side.17. Label free end of this wire as DRL OFF.18. Run both wires up the wire harness and secure with tie wraps. 19. Remove the cover on the side of the dashboard to expose fog light switch.20. Run the free wires along the harness and into the area of the foglight switch. Use tie wraps to secure.21. Find a suitable location for the SPST switch. ( I used the empty switch plate)22. Terminate the free wire labeled DRL OFF to one side of the switch.23. Terminate another length of wire to the other side of the switch.24. Label this new wire as GROUND. 25. Unplug the fog light switch harness.26. Cut RED/WHITE wire about 2 from connector.27. Crimp a male butt connector on the connector side, and crimp a female butt connector on the harness side. (ignore my picture I put the connectors on the wrong side)28. Take a length of wire about 1 and crimp a female butt connector on one end.29. Label the other end GROUND.30. Connect the new wire to the connector side. Leave the other end free for now.31. Splice the wire labeled FOG LIGHT RELAY into the LIGHT GREEN/BLACK wire. 32. Find a good ground location.33. Take both free wires labeled GROUND and terminate them with a ring lug.34. Remove the bolt. Put the ring lug over the stud. Fasten the bolt back on.35. Double check all connections are solid.36. Plug the harnesses back into the switches.

Okay i just did this mod and i was assuming when i push the keylock for the door the fogs would blink but they dont.. How would i go about doing this ?

Okay i just did this mod and i was assuming when i push the keylock for the door the fogs would blink but they dont.. How would i go about doing this ?

you would have to tie your fog lights into the turn signal, and i dont think you really want to do that.

mine dont

I think my alarm may be upgraded/changed. Does the factory alarm have any Code Alarm components? My sensitivity controller says Code Alarm on it. I believe Circuit City used to sell these alarms, so I was guessing the guy I bought it from had an aftermarket alarm installed. Never paid much attention to it. Still uses the factory key fob's tho...

Back