How to make Custom Sway Bar End links

Cool, do you have any pictures? I would like to see how your endlinks are assembled.

Here ya go, over kill for the rear sway on the car...lol I can bend the thing without trying to.

IMG00178.JPG

Got my Teins on today. Had to adjust the endlinks. They are still looking good. I did add some washers to space it out.
IMG_1732.jpg

IMG_1733.jpg

even though they are technically better than the ksports my gripe still stands at the lack of an adjutable body on the teins

on the rod how long are each one of your endlink? i have my P5 sitting on illuminas and S. Techs?

Well as I was looking for end links because the Ksports coilovers and the stock end links are way off, I decided to make my own. (Too cheap to pay for the AWR ones) Anyways I went looking around and found McMaster.com. With that and some parts from a local hardware store I completed my own set of sway bar end links. Oh BTW if you decide to do this and something gets messed up..You are at your own risk. lol (gotta do that to save my butt)

Parts from Mcmaster
$5.39 eachQTY 4 2458K341 Carbon-fiber Race Ball Joint Rod End, 3/8"-24 Female

Parts from Local Hardware Store
$0.12 each Qty 16 3/8 Rubber O-ring
$0.30 each Qty 8 3/8-24 (fine thread) nuts grade 8
$0.30 each Qty 4 3/8 lock washers
$2.00 Foot Qty 1 (36In) 3/8-24 (fine thread) Threaded rod Grade 8

This is what it looks like assembled.
IMG_1551.jpg

I ended up using two O-rings on the inner side because the ball joint was hitting the bracket.
IMG_1546.jpg

This is what it looks like installed.
IMG_1548.jpg

Picture on the other side
IMG_1553.jpg

Close view of the upper
IMG_1549.jpg

Close view of the lower
IMG_1550.jpg

As for driving impressions. I did not hear any noises or anything like that. So far its been great. Feels good too.

So if there is any questions just let me know.

Thanks for looking!

on the rod how long are each one of your endlink? i have my P5 sitting on illuminas and S. Techs?

if you want to be fully accurate with the car on the ground disconnect the endlinks and then level out the sway bar. Measure between the sway bar hole and tab on the shock. Subtract about 3" and you should have a rough idea how long the center section needs to be

if you want to be fully accurate with the car on the ground disconnect the endlinks and then level out the sway bar. Measure between the sway bar hole and tab on the shock. Subtract about 3" and you should have a rough idea how long the center section needs to be

thanks man, will do that

im suprised you did some custom stuff PROPS. for me i just buy the AWR stuff=)

My boss was showing me this site where the company gets some of there parts. I seen the ball joints and was like...hmm Ill try this out. Its way cheaper than AWR and you can make any size you want for full customization. Im also making a lower tie bar, harness bar, and floor bar...lol Also a lower tie bar that fits with the AWR oil pan.

My boss was showing me this site where the company gets some of there parts. I seen the ball joints and was like...hmm Ill try this out. Its way cheaper than AWR and you can make any size you want for full customization. Im also making a lower tie bar, harness bar, and floor bar...lol Also a lower tie bar that fits with the AWR oil pan.

If you can, pm me the link it sounds promising

Im pretty much using the same concept as the gt spec bar. Ill be using some carbon steel flat bar and some pipe and extra thick washers to make the mounting points. As for the harness bar im still trying to work out the materials.

I also found out that grainger.com sells the end rods...they ship free to my work place...lol better than the $14 it costs to ship from mcmaster.

let me know on the floor bar, always wanted it more flush then that universal crap.

Do they ship free to all business addresses? Oh and please do keep us updated on the tie bar. If yours comes out good, you'll have a customer here. Maybe you can make some other suspension stuff similar to GT Spec. It seems like there's not much to most of the pieces to be honest with you.

Im pretty much using the same concept as the gt spec bar. Ill be using some carbon steel flat bar and some pipe and extra thick washers to make the mounting points. As for the harness bar im still trying to work out the materials.

I also found out that grainger.com sells the end rods...they ship free to my work place...lol better than the $14 it costs to ship from mcmaster.

Do they ship free to all business addresses? Oh and please do keep us updated on the tie bar. If yours comes out good, you'll have a customer here. Maybe you can make some other suspension stuff similar to GT Spec. It seems like there's not much to most of the pieces to be honest with you.

I think for grainger you have to have an account with them. You should try it out. lol Also I PMed you

Back