Yet another new guy...P5 Finally!

ldl20

:
Mazda Protege5
Well, I finally did it. After 5 years of wistful looks at P5 owners with smiles on their faces as they zoomed past me, I sold my reliable and dependable, and horribly boring '01 Elantra (beige, no less), and bought the following:

2002 P5, Black, 43,300 miles from the original owner. All options, 5 speed, TWM short shift kit, Clifford alarm, Bazooka bass tube, light tint, and in pristine condition.

All I can say is, why the hell did I wait so long? This car is so much fun. It's not perfect (could use a 6th gear, cupholders are useless), but I look for excuses to drive now.

I'm amazed at all the info on here. I'm not what you would call computer savvy. Hell, I've never even sent a text message...not sure if my cell phone can even do that...so have some patience with me if I royally screw something up....For example, what does it mean when you guys write, "Bump?" Is that like someone seconding a motion at a meeting?

Any help is appreciated.

ldl20

A welcome to you man. Though I wasn't wistfully eyeing them for as long as you were, it was still satisfying to finally sit down in mine. Can't say I regret it, and you won't either. Welcome to the boards!

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your P5...nice low miles, and you already have the short shifter (a very good mod). Enjoy, but realize the longer you hang around here, the more money it's going to cost you because you won't be able to resist adding more mods! :) Enjoy the P5!

Congrats!

Well, I finally did it. All I can say is, why the hell did I wait so long? This car is so much fun. It's not perfect (could use a 6th gear, cupholders are useless), but I look for excuses to drive now.

Ditto! I just picked one up myself and can't believe I waited so long. I've only owned trucks for the past 15+ years and it is really nice to have a comfortable and fun car like this to commute in.

Attachments

• protege.jpg
    protege.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 153
Thanks for the welcome guys....

I know, my mind has been racing thinking about all that is possible with this car. I think in the end, though, whatever I do will be low key....CAI, racing beat exhaust, maybe a new stereo. This car looks sweet as it is. As much as I'd like to drop it and slap on some mp3 racing hearts, the roads here in northern NJ are just crap. Actually, I'm still debating whether or not to install a set of racing hearts I have or just sell them and use that money for other mods...like take the car to a mechanic!

Since I bought it in early December 07, I've put gas in it...that's it. It runs great, like new, but I want to be sure as Spring arrives and I find more excuses to drive it for longer sttretches.

I've attempted to post some pics. Be gentle if I screw it up. Hey, at least I was able to change my avatar to a homemade one. Baby steps.

Attachments

• pro5c.jpg
    pro5c.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 151
  • pro5d.jpg
    pro5d.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 157
  • pro5f.jpg
    pro5f.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 155
  • pro5e.jpg
    pro5e.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 163
welcome! go ahead and put on the racing hearts! you won't regret it. just learn to drive around the potholes. if i live around chicago and drive with a 40 series tire and a lowered car, you can do it to!

welcome! go ahead and put on the racing hearts! you won't regret it. just learn to drive around the potholes. if i live around chicago and drive with a 40 series tire and a lowered car, you can do it to!

Uh...woody..Its racing "harts"...friggin noob! :D

racing harts ftw

Welcome to the forums.

My rims are so jacked sometimes I purposely run the pot holes. 35 series tires with out a pop "yet"

Back