What did you pay for your CX-5?

MSRP is around 35-36 + tax and other fees - 1.5 loyalty = ~37-38 OTD. if you get a better offer from a dealer in the tristate please post. they do not seem desperate to sell new cars at all when I spoke with them. I have a lease that ends in September so I have some time but I was hoping to take advantage of the 0% APR they have going right now and break my lease early if they were willing

1st post, also on Miata.net. Since I got what I believed to be a a smokin' deal on a 2020 Signature, I didn't argue about the ridiculous doc fee. The $2,000 rebate was $1,500 loyalty and $500 healthcare. Anyway, bottom line sale price of $32.495 & doc of $598 = $33,093 & ttl. I don't look at Out The Door, just everything before that since TTL is on every car and doesn't go to the dealer. Short version - MSRP $38.708 to sale price of $33,093 inclusive of doc fee = 14.5% off MSRP
IMG_20200513_221152_2.jpg
IMG_20200513_220306.jpg

Last edited:
Unsurprisingly, sounds like Mazda will remain stubborn with its pricing despite the inventory pile-up:

Said Koga: “We will prioritize selling cars from the piled-up inventory and try to regain cash without getting caught up in incentive competition in the market.”

Unsurprisingly, sounds like Mazda will remain stubborn with its pricing despite the inventory pile-up:

Said Koga: “We will prioritize selling cars from the piled-up inventory and try to regain cash without getting caught up in incentive competition in the market.”

As others have said, I don't believe Mazda has room to move.

They do not seem to jack up their Reference Retail so they can have 🎈 🎈 🎈 Massive Inventory Blowout Sales!!!🎈 🎈 🎈

I don't think it's stubbornness. They really don't roll that way.

And there's still scant evidence that any other manufacture is slashing new car prices...yet.

Hi. new to the forum. will be test-driving my first Mazda CX-5 tomorrow(2020 GS FWD model / red). My question is if I close a deal tomorrow what are the odds that I will be able to drive it home the same night? I will not be getting anything done to it. TIA

Shopping for 2020 CX5 Sig. So far the best quote I can get:

MSRP: 38,500
Mazda Rebate: 1,500
Sale Price: 33,300
Doc&Til: ~ 33,300
Tax: **
Above price is for cash or standard APR rather than 0% APR.

Should I pull the trigger? Is there any more room to negotiate?

Hi. new to the forum. will be test-driving my first Mazda CX-5 tomorrow(2020 GS FWD model / red). My question is if I close a deal tomorrow what are the odds that I will be able to drive it home the same night? I will not be getting anything done to it. TIA
From the model names, I assume that you're in Canada.
I can't speak for the Canadian dealer structure, but in the U.S. I've closed the deal on multiple new cars and driven them home within hours.

In one case, we agreed on price at closing time.
They had a couple of folks stay late to prep the car as I finished the paperwork ... and I was on the road within an hour.

From the model names, I assume that you're in Canada.
I can't speak for the Canadian dealer structure, but in the U.S. I've closed the deal on multiple new cars and driven them home within hours.

In one case, we agreed on price at closing time.
They had a couple of folks stay late to prep the car as I finished the paperwork ... and I was on the road within an hour.

thanks for the reply. that's encouraging to hear. fwiw from Winnipeg

Shopping for 2020 CX5 Sig. So far the best quote I can get:

MSRP: 38,500
Mazda Rebate: 1,500
Sale Price: 33,300
Doc&Til: ~ 33,300
Tax: **
Above price is for cash or standard APR rather than 0% APR.

Should I pull the trigger? Is there any more room to negotiate?

That's real close to my deal. I got another $500 healthcare worker (they're also offering $500 military) So I that would bring your deal to $32,800. Mine was $32,495 which no other dealer could touch, so I'd say your $33,300 before ttl is good. Hey, maybe print of my post and he can do the $32,995 (my deal plus back the aforementioned $500. My favorite words on the phone are "if you can do this, I'll be in tonight"

This may or may not help anyone. Since we all know dealers play with the number in a bunch of ways, there's never any way of really knowing what 'discounts' we're getting, but maybe this helps someones negotiations. I got the following TrueCar quote from a dealer. Notice all the high BS add-on, - VIP Ding Repair? Really?

So, my email went like this....

......."So, your offer said "your offer said $33,921" Before those add-ons that you already put on the car (don't you love those non optional dealer items?) Does that mean if you ordered a car for me, then before you put that stuff on, you could you sell me a CX-5 signature for the $33,921. less the Mazda $1,500 Loyalty Reward for a net of $32,421 before Title, Tax, and License?.......

3 dealers said no, one said "today is the 29th, can you come in by tomorrow" - Done!
We oddly have 4 dealers within 20 minutes of me, that might have helped

screenshot CX-5.jpg

Lots of signature talk here. looks like 11-13% off msrp is the going rate?

Anyone know about GT Reserve within the last month? Can I expect similar percentage off?

Thanks,
Jack

Not basing this on any information, just a thought. I would guess that while there are fewer reserves, they are also sitting on the dealer Lots. I think my dealer had 4 signatures, and after I bought one two weeks ago they still have three left

Not basing this on any information, just a thought. I would guess that while there are fewer reserves, they are also sitting on the dealer Lots. I think my dealer had 4 signatures, and after I bought one two weeks ago they still have three left
And maybe there's more profit margin built into the Signature, so more room to move.

That's real close to my deal. I got another $500 healthcare worker (they're also offering $500 military) So I that would bring your deal to $32,800. Mine was $32,495 which no other dealer could touch, so I'd say your $33,300 before ttl is good. Hey, maybe print of my post and he can do the $32,995 (my deal plus back the aforementioned $500. My favorite words on the phone are "if you can do this, I'll be in tonight"
Great info.
Did you cash out or finance it? Is it worthy to wait couple of weeks to see the price can drop more or not? Feel like there is not a lot of margin on Mazda CX5. Maybe can save another $500 in best case.

1st post, also on Miata.net. Since I got what I believed to be a a smokin' deal on a 2020 Signature, I didn't argue about the ridiculous doc fee. The $2,000 rebate was $1,500 loyalty and $500 healthcare. Anyway, bottom line sale price of $32.495 & doc of $598 = $33,093 & ttl. I don't look at Out The Door, just everything before that since TTL is on every car and doesn't go to the dealer. Short version - MSRP $38.708 to sale price of $33,093 inclusive of doc fee = 14.5% off MSRPView attachment 224631View attachment 224629
Did you pay extra for the window tint and connected car tech?

Hello,

I just bought myself a 2020 Cx-5 Touring Awd with preferred pkg in Soul Red color.

I have mixed opinions about my deal as I feel I really got a great deal but then I feel scammed due to some financing that I had to take with them and pay it out in 3 months as I could afford cash.

My deal:
MSRP = $31,415
Got it down to 28.5k OTD (had 1k health care incentive)

Here comes the kicker, I haggled to get it to 27k OTD but had to take their Wells Fargo bank financing at 5.4% but the dealer said that I can pay it off in 3 months as he is sharing his bank incentive with me and I should not pay it off before the 3rd payment.

Do you guys think 27k OTD is great and that financing BS is not a trap?

Great info.
Did you cash out or finance it? Is it worthy to wait couple of weeks to see the price can drop more or not? Feel like there is not a lot of margin on Mazda CX5. Maybe can save another $500 in best case.

Financed about $12k but I don't think that entered in to their consideration

Did you pay extra for the window tint and connected car tech?

No, just the $33,921 less the aforementioned $2,000 rebates, plus his $598 doc fee. I just knew he had the car/color I wanted and didn't even discuss the other stuff. - oh, and as seen it had the cargo cover on it.

Last piece of the puzzle, I don't know if I mentioned this here or just the other thread - The dealer that accepted my offer said (and I believe it to be true if other dealers couldn't match him) that this was an ugly deal for them, but he could swing it because as a new Mazda dealership (just 2 months old) their inventory was low and that Mazda was giving them more leeway for the first year as far as quotas and incentives.

Hello,

I just bought myself a 2020 Cx-5 Touring Awd with preferred pkg in Soul Red color.

I have mixed opinions about my deal as I feel I really got a great deal but then I feel scammed due to some financing that I had to take with them and pay it out in 3 months as I could afford cash.

My deal:
MSRP = $31,415
Got it down to 28.5k OTD (had 1k health care incentive)

Here comes the kicker, I haggled to get it to 27k OTD but had to take their Wells Fargo bank financing at 5.4% but the dealer said that I can pay it off in 3 months as he is sharing his bank incentive with me and I should not pay it off before the 3rd payment.

Do you guys think 27k OTD is great and that financing BS is not a trap?

Heck yes, if you're numbers are right.

Don't know what your TTL is, but if $27k is your true OTD price (meaning AFTER all taxes, fees, title transfers and stuff), and the MSRP is $31,415, then that means you got it for about $25K or less before ttl, which would be at least 21% off MSRP

Back