Panoramic roof who wants it as an option?

Panoramic roof who wants it as an option?

• Total voters
I used to love moonroofs when I was younger. That thing was open unless it was pouring out.

More recently, I havent opened one in about 6+ years, and theyve been on every vehicle Ive owned.

Im largely indifferent on a pano. Doubt Id pay extra for it, and would be extra irked if forced to via trim or package.

Not me. I HATE sun roofs. The most common problems with them are water leakage, rattling, and glass breakage. And I don*t need the sun on me when I drive. I think sun roofs should be offered as a single stand alone option that*s not grouped with other options and trim levels. I*m considering a *19 CX-5 Touring model. I would opt for the GT instead if the GT didn*t have the sun roof as standard equipment.

I agree, also makes the car less rigid and reduces headroom.

If there was a GT/AW with the heads up display that could be purchased without the sunroof, I'd probably have bought it.

I would have ordered my CX5 without a sunroof if that option was available so no.

Pano makes the entire interior brighter, and makes it feel bigger

In practice, it reduces the interior volume and then you get into trouble with being too warm or sitting in the sun ... and if only there was more shade, like the posts above.
With all the large windows and living in sunny CA, it was never too dark in any of the cars I've owned.

In practice, it reduces the interior volume and then you get into trouble with being too warm or sitting in the sun ... and if only there was more shade, like the posts above.
With all the large windows and living in sunny CA, it was never too dark in any of the cars I've owned.

Its not an issue if they use the right glass.

I would happily delete even the standard size. Greater costs than benefits for me.

Well regardless if you like or dislike pano roofs, if Mazda wants to go up market its inevitable that they have to offer it. Remember Mazda also needs to attract new customers, stay competitive, and in this day and age, pano roofs is pretty much standard across all platforms. Just like offering BSM and LKA technology.

I wish I could have option with no/sunroof. Way too much sun in my region LOL.

I shouldve added another option for the poll.
So from what I can gather. It seems we have people who dont mind having it and then people who definitely do not want them ever not even a moon roof. So I guess pano roof or any type of moon roof going forward to satisfy both extremes should only be a stand alone option all across the trim line that can be deleted.
Would that make everyone happy?

I should*ve added another option for the poll.
So from what I can gather. It seems we have people who don*t mind having it and then people who definitely do not want them ever not even a moon roof. So I guess pano roof or any type of moon roof going forward to satisfy both extremes should only be a stand alone option all across the trim line that can be deleted.
Would that make everyone happy?

Yeah, but it sure wouldn't make Mazda happy.

Yes Id like pano roof. Ever since those got introduced the little sunroof hole seems as dated as a cassette deck.
Agreed.
Technology has improved and I don't see as many issues as I saw in the past with sunroofs and pano roofs.
Same goes for cabrios, in the past cabrios only had two happy days: day of delivery and day of sale. Now it is not completely true, they are quiet, structurally solid and reliable.
Of course old fashioned folks will always hate the sunroof/pano roof so it should be offered as a stand alone option.

Would be something if Mazda actually offered pano roofs as stand alone option. I know for sure in europe the options on any cars are pretty customizable unlike here in the states where its packaged. I know they do this in the states for logistics but wonder if it would be a logistical nightmare for offering moonroofs as a stand alone? The thing is, pano roofs are a luxury item and more often than not, buyers would want them on the higher end trims like the GTR and Signature. I do not think Im wrong on this. But I guess I can always poll, do you own a gtr / signature and want pano :p

I think you're on on that. I don't think pano screams implies or even hints: luxury.

It is a lux feature. Whether or not it offers any tangible luxury, its associated with higher end vehicles

Tell that to the lux brands out there.
Im sure theyll all agree with you, right along with leather not being an luxury item too haha.

I think you're on on that. I don't think pano screams implies or even hints: luxury.

Back