What did you pay for your CX-5?

I assume the $26,600 does not include the $1500 rebate, right?

Sales person said 2 grand is what he can take off (did not specify). Almost laughed when he added: "I can't take off more. We'll get a slap on the wrist by Mazda if we sell for less. The Japanese are very proud of their product and think they are priced adequately."

Sales person said 2 grand is what he can take off (did not specify). Almost laughed when he added: "I can't take off more. We'll get a slap on the wrist by Mazda if we sell for less. The Japanese are very proud of their product and think they are priced adequately."

(hahaspit)(loser)(notcool)(screwy)

I have to agree that 15% and up are exceptional, however, 10-12% is highly doable, and one should be okay if they have to settle for that amount. Anything less and I think you left a good bit on the table. Good luck, and I hope you enjoy your new ride when you find the deal you*re looking to obtain...

You calculate the 15% off of MSRP? The quote I got is 22,381 for the MSRP of 26,345. This would be (26345-22381)/26345=15% (if my math is correct). Does that mean I should just jump on it?! Although it is with the Mazda standard financing, which has 4.9%-5.9% interest rate (I don't know if they will give me the same price if I bring my own loan).

LOL! I am getting quotes from dealers around here and the offers are easily about a grand or 1500 different for the same configuration. 2 grand off of MSRP is not really exciting considering the 1500 promo going on right now.

Yes, off MSRP. They will not give you the same price if you finance elsewhere. They give you that price because they know they will get that discount back from you in interest. All car companies do this.

You calculate the 15% off of MSRP? The quote I got is 22,381 for the MSRP of 26,345. This would be (26345-22381)/26345=15% (if my math is correct). Does that mean I should just jump on it?! Although it is with the Mazda standard financing, which has 4.9%-5.9% interest rate (I don't know if they will give me the same price if I bring my own loan).

Correct, off MSRP, selling price only. You can bring your own loan, don*t let them tell you that you can*t.

Yes, off MSRP. They will not give you the same price if you finance elsewhere. They give you that price because they know they will get that discount back from you in interest. All car companies do this.

Yes they will. I brought my own financing, 1.74% from my local credit union. They offered me 2.84% from their local credit union they use.

To add, I bought another car also and told them, *fine I*ll use your financing so you can gain the credit back from your local credit union.* The finance manager replied with what I already knew, *Thanks! Please just wait at least 3 months so we can get credit for the loan.* Me, *No problem, will do.* So, 3 months later I did just that, refinanced to the lower rate, and later paid the car off early anyways.

Of course you can bring your own financing but you'll lose a discount or 2.
Like Jeep told me: 4 grand off @ 4.9%.
Uh...I want zero.
Oh...uh...how about a grand off?
Ime, at least...

That*s another reason not to bother talking about financing till you get the deal you want. If you know you*re qualified, don*t worry about it. Who*s to say you aren*t paying cash (I can, but refuse to with these low ass rates in place).

Of course you can bring your own financing but you'll lose a discount or 2.
Like Jeep told me: 4 grand off @ 4.9%.
Uh...I want zero.
Oh...uh...how about a grand off?
Ime, at least...

I*ve never lost anything, and I never will. On to the next dealer if they wanna play games...

Now getting the 0%, of course, is a different story.

Correct, off MSRP, selling price only. You can bring your own loan, don*t let them tell you that you can*t.

Thanks for the info. Great! Then if I could get them to give me car for this price with my own financing I think it is a good deal then (15% off of MSRP).

Thanks for the info. Great! Then if I could get them to give me car for this price with my own financing I think it is a good deal then (15% off of MSRP).

I think it*s good enough for sure. Just tell them, if you wanna sell the car today, I*ve got a bank check here for you, if you don*t, then fine, no deal. They*ll probably see if you*ll give in at first, but don*t, and you*ll get your deal...

Enjoy your new whip...

I think it*s good enough for sure. Just tell them, if you wanna sell the car today, I*ve got a bank check here for you, if you don*t, then fine, no deal. They*ll probably see if you*ll give in at first, but don*t, and you*ll get your deal...

Enjoy your new whip...

:)(cool)

Enjoy your new whip...

Thanks again. What if I wait for a month or so to see how incentives change considering that 2019 models are rolling in? Is more than 15% off of MSRP possible?

Thanks again. What if I wait for a month or so to see how incentives change considering that 2019 models are rolling in? Is more than 15% off of MSRP possible?

Could be, the Customer Cash should jump to $2k, and I, along with a few others were able to score 18-20% when a new model year rolled out.

That usually takes a month or 2 though before they start the bigger discounts.

Thanks and good to know. I'll see what they are willing to do. 15% seems exceptionally good, though.

Update: absolute desaster at the dealership today. Condescending bahvior and were lied to the face. Almost like a bait and switch. Never experienced anything like that. Speechless.

Back