US Diesel's big splash introduction

That's UNOBTANIUM. He bitches and complains ALL THE TIME about Mazda and yet, for some unknown reason, still remains on this site and still owns a Mazda. I don't get it. If I dislike something, I get rid of it and move on. I don't hang around the Honda cites complaining about the CRV.

They have a word to describe those types of people. It's called "trolls"

Do you own a CRV? Alright then.

Yes indeed. (thumb) Now with the same power but with 450Nm! of torque and better mileage, I'd seriously consider it if I were to upgrade next. It is also super quiet for a diesel engine.

I know. That is the allure of the diesel. I would love that car.

You ain't even got a diesel and now you gettin' all "I hope we get this one instead of that one from Mazda."

I was hoping to check back and see a miracle, but no. SA-X will invalidate diesel, if THAT ever happens. Gasoline is $0.50 cheaper than diesel currently most places I've drive through here in the South. Get similar economy? Dealkiller for diesel. Toyota is already pulling 600+ mpg out of a tank with the new RAV4, and on cheap gas too (87). Gonna need SA-X to compete.

Ugg unob..where exactly are seeing Toyota pulling 600+ miles per tank on RAV4?

SA-X **may** **eventually** invalidate diesels but talk about waiting on miracles wtf dude?..that's minimum 5 years post arrival to have enough data to even think about saying words like invalidate..so bro, please

10-20c diff right now 87/diesel around me..and btw in Fayetteville AR (guessing I'm pretty close) at your local "kum & go" (can't make this s*** up) 2.61//2.91..Shell 2.59//2.91 looks closer to 30c (and narrowing) to me but whatever homey good luck w/your SA-X- maybe you should start a thread!

Our diesel has the same power as the 2.5L NA now.

Nothing fishy going on. See here:

2018 CX-5 changes including diesel

They have clearance but still haven't brought it to the US. I wonder why.

From Greencarreports.com
While the EPA booklet lists two Mazda diesel models as certified—the Mazda 6 sedan and CX-5 compact crossover—those have yet to reach the market.
"We can’t comment on specific timing quite yet," Mazda's Jacob Brown told us, "but we continue to work with the EPA and California, and will make an announcement as soon as possible."

https://www.greencarreports.com/new...el-vehicles-offered-in-u-s-guess-who-has-most

From Greencarreports.com
While the EPA booklet lists two Mazda diesel models as certified—the Mazda 6 sedan and CX-5 compact crossover—those have yet to reach the market.
"We can’t comment on specific timing quite yet," Mazda's Jacob Brown told us, "but we continue to work with the EPA and California, and will make an announcement as soon as possible."

https://www.greencarreports.com/new...el-vehicles-offered-in-u-s-guess-who-has-most

At the time of this articles publishing, it wasn’t Carb Certified. Fwiw.

You sure?

"While the EPA booklet lists two Mazda diesel models as certified—the Mazda 6 sedan and CX-5 compact crossover—those have yet to reach the market."

From Greencarreports.com

Blame you country's regulations. Rest of the world, pretty much no issues with diesel

Blame you country's regulations. Rest of the world, pretty much no issues with diesel

The EU isn’t exactly warm and cozy with diesels at the moment... However, you’re correct in that the US regulations have something to do with it. The Obama administration mandated that diesels sold in the US comply with the same parameters as a gasoline engine of the same size w regards to emissions.

The EU isn’t exactly warm and cozy with diesels at the moment... However, you’re correct in that the US regulations have something to do with it. The Obama administration mandated that diesels sold in the US comply with the same parameters as a gasoline engine of the same size w regards to emissions.
No Europe isn't but blame VW for that

Ugg unob..where exactly are seeing Toyota pulling 600+ miles per tank on RAV4?

SA-X **may** **eventually** invalidate diesels but talk about waiting on miracles wtf dude?..that's minimum 5 years post arrival to have enough data to even think about saying words like invalidate..so bro, please

10-20c diff right now 87/diesel around me..and btw in Fayetteville AR (guessing I'm pretty close) at your local "kum & go" (can't make this s*** up) 2.61//2.91..Shell 2.59//2.91 looks closer to 30c (and narrowing) to me but whatever homey good luck w/your SA-X- maybe you should start a thread!

Dude. I'm 32. I'll die of old age before mazda gets sa-x out, rofl! They cant even get diesel. In 2018.

It depends on the gas station. Around Fayetteville yeah. Around San Antonio, it's more 50 cent diff.

The rav4 mileage as I stated (600 per tank) applies to the hybrid, which is their sportiest model ironically, per Toyota press release.

The EU isnt exactly warm and cozy with diesels at the moment... However, youre correct in that the US regulations have something to do with it. The Obama administration mandated that diesels sold in the US comply with the same parameters as a gasoline engine of the same size w regards to emissions.

But according to many here, there is totally a conspiracy to allow GM and Fiat to sell diesels here that mazda cant cash in on.

I think there's likely some home team and/or deep pocket favoritism but who knows it is what it is. Like you I'm seeing Rav as an unlikely front runner (I didn't see 600/tank that's pretty sexy) esp if diesel pulls another no show or is priced egregiously high.

Dude. I'm 32. I'll die of old age before mazda gets sa-x out, rofl! They cant even get diesel. In 2018.

It depends on the gas station. Around Fayetteville yeah. Around San Antonio, it's more 50 cent diff.

The rav4 mileage as I stated (600 per tank) applies to the hybrid, which is their sportiest model ironically, per Toyota press release.

My son is 40 years old, I'm old enough to be your dad, now that's a frightening thought. (boom01)

I think there's likely some home team and/or deep pocket favoritism but who knows it is what it is. Like you I'm seeing Rav as an unlikely front runner (I didn't see 600/tank that's pretty sexy) esp if diesel pulls another no show or is priced egregiously high.

Well, the RAV is pushing more power than any other cuv in its class, has an 8 speed, has actual torque vectoring and lockable awd, or CVT and sport tuned suspension etc. And is riding on the Toyota name for reliability. The more rugged styling is going to be a hit among many as well.

Having more gears is not necessarily a good thing if the box and control units don't know what the correct gear it should be in.

Mazda's 6 speed automatic is fine for both petrol and diesel as it knows what gear to be in pretty much most of the time. They have sorted it out well IMHO.

Back