Off Topic So slow I'm ashamed...

IMO, you only use water if you're​ over clocking. My case lights up. It was actually one of the cheaper full size ones with front, top, and dual rear fan setup. And the window faces my wall. Lol. So you can't even see it.
Got an LED keyboard though. ��

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

To be fair, I got into watercooling because I didn't have air conditioning up in the mountains and I would have temp issues on air cooling in the summer. Not even overclocked.

Now I just do it because it's fun, but agree, air cooling would be sufficient where I live now.

Where's the other cpu ?

This is the cpu/ram board in my mac - no wires is very tidy.
-snip-

Just the one. The res/pump is in the back of the case (it's more of a cube than a tower, PSU is back there too), so that's where the tubes are going.

Very cool. I love tidy builds, especially where you can't see wires.

Where's the other cpu ?

This is the cpu/ram board in my mac - no wires is very tidy.

Cmwc2cT.jpg

Are those heatsinks??

Wait...you have a 1080? You're crazy, man. You're going to pay that kind of money for what? Madness, I say.
acfdb900f149fba3a58c5931dddd1eba.jpg

1080 Ti from a 1080 sounds kinda eh...Your money I suppose ;) I wonder when the next gen is coming out to make it a much better upgrade?

Last edited:
Fellow PC Enthusiast here! :D Nice rigs, everyone...I'm into custom PC watercooling myself and I'm currently running an AMD 1800X and GTX 970 both watercooled...I'm planning to upgrade the video card and get a higher res monitor in the future. I've also got another build currently on hold...I use Macs as well but I've always been into custom PCs and PC hardware.

Happy to know there are PC builders in the Mazdas247 Community! (2thumbs)

Mid/late 2018, I believe.

https://www.toptengamer.com/gtx-1080-ti-vs-gtx-1080-ultrawide-gaming-benchmark/

It's a 20% improvement over the 1080, and what is this "performance per watt" We aren't talking about a prius, I just wanna go FAST!

Didn't know it was that much of an improvement. That's pretty good.

Fellow PC Enthusiast here! :D Nice rigs, everyone...I'm into custom PC watercooling myself and I'm currently running an AMD 1800X and GTX 970 both watercooled...I'm planning to upgrade the video card and get a higher res monitor in the future. I've also got another build currently on hold...I use Macs as well but I've always been into custom PCs and PC hardware.

Happy to know there are PC builders in the Mazdas247 Community! (2thumbs)

Very cool. Yeah I have a 980 and want to upgrade it at some point, but I figured I'd hold off until next gen hits.

Just not enough, imo. Although I suppose if you can sell your 1080 for a good price, it might be worth it.

Yeah. Plus I am guessing the 20% only applies to certain games. Probably closer in others.

Of course I am just guessing. Maybe I should look at some charts.

2016 MBP with Touch Bar connected to an UltraFine 5K display is my daily driver.

Gaming machine (and now Plex server) has an i5 4670k (w/ Corsair H60i) , GTX 760 and 16GB of Corsair Vengeance (DDR3 I think). Dual boots OSX and Win. All stuffed into this tiny thing.

Still holds up well... but thinking about a new PC build one of these days.

Yeah. Plus I am guessing the 20% only applies to certain games. Probably closer in others.

Of course I am just guessing. Maybe I should look at some charts.

Yeah. I just looked at a comparo. An overclocked 1080ti on the settings I use only averaged 60fps on Ghost recon wildlands. My setup, a non oc 1080gtx pulls 47 on the fps tester. I dunno what the ti does without oc, but 10fps ain't worth it.

2016 MBP with Touch Bar connected to an UltraFine 5K display is my daily driver.

Gaming machine (and now Plex server) has an i5 4670k (w/ Corsair H60i) , GTX 760 and 16GB of Corsair Vengeance (DDR3 I think). Dual boots OSX and Win. All stuffed into this tiny thing.

Still holds up well... but thinking about a new PC build one of these days.
I love builds in a cube! Micro ATX? Mini ITX?

Yeah Uno, 10 fps would not be worth it to me either.

giphy.gif

How is Ghost Recon multiplayer? Good online community? Good server counts?

Main box:
i7-6800K, 64GB RAM, Intel 750 SSD, Samsung SSD, 4K Dell monitor.

many, many more other pieces of stuff after that...

Back