20XX Mazda CX5 Spy Shots

I want a vinyl wrap of the black & white pattern and put it on our 2016. Make all those spy guys scratch their head....

Reps usually don't knot s***, and if they do, the manager does NOT want them talking about future cars, they need to sell the oldest ones on the lot. And discussing Future cars does not help with that. That being said, I would LOVE to hear bout a new Speed 3.

They definitely don't know about future cars, they don't even know what they are selling now (whistle)

They definitely don't know about future cars, they don't even know what they are selling now (whistle)

That has been my experience with every dealer employee except 1. When I bought the CX-5 I knew way more than the sales guy, and even showed him a few things to look for, mostly after reading about it here on the forum. But then as I'm about to leave, he says hey, let me introduce you to "Mike" or what ever his name was. He was another salesman that had just finished up a sale, and turns out he was a hard core Mazda guy. Ended up talking to him for a while, and really wish he had been my sales guy.
We talked about Speed a lot, and even with his connections, at least last year, he didn't know anything about future cars or updates. He would have loved a Speed CX-5, but said he really doubted it, but had faith in a Speed 3.

This is easily one of the contenders as a replacement to my '14 mazda3 lol the CX-9's motor would just sweeten the deal

More leaked spy shots including interior though it is also camouflaged.

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/m...duction-headlamps-and-taillights-111183.html#

https://www.wheelsmag.com.au/news/1609/2018-mazda-cx-5-ii-spied

I think the front-end definitely looks more aggressive than the current gen. Can't really judge the side and rear profile yet but overall looks to be well proportioned not too dissimilar to the successful current gen.

Looks like they added speakers in the A-pillar

Looks like they added speakers in the A-pillar
Nice catch! I'm glad Mazda finally listened and added a pair of tweeters in the A-pillars which are somewhat facing the front driver and passenger. This should greatly improves the high note which is lacking, actually no tweeters, from current Bose system setup on CX-5.

Nice catch! I'm glad Mazda finally listened and added a pair of tweeters in the A-pillars which are somewhat facing the front driver and passenger. This should greatly improves the high note which is lacking, actually no tweeters, from current Bose system setup on CX-5.

meh, lazy design again with the tablet plopped on the dash look like every other car out there, current CX-5 LCD surrounded by dash trim looks better

also lowered the HVAC controls even more which is not ergonomic when shifter is in Park.

35903sk.jpg

meh, lazy design again with the tablet plopped on the dash look like every other car out there, current CX-5 LCD surrounded by dash trim looks better

also lowered the HVAC controls even more which is not ergonomic when shifter is in Park.

35903sk.jpg

Yeah, looks like mimicked the cx-9 as follows:
1. Pop up tablet screen. I believe this is to make the line of sight to the screen higher offering better visibility to the road while looking at the screen.
2. Lowered the climate control knob.
3. Left empty space between screen and vents

While I prefer the built in screen vs the tablet, I can understand the decision for safety reasons. However, having a higher screen frees up space to have better vent and climate control placement. But they chose to lower the climate controls. I don't get it.

35903sk.jpg
Agreed! The center vents are still low and they should move them and HVAC controls higher with all the space left there for tablet design!

They just don't want people looking so far down while driving. In this age, safety comes first, however ugly and impractical it is.

They just don't want people looking so far down while driving. In this age, safety comes first, however ugly and impractical it is.

Wish they would imply that logic towards the infotainment system and how they continue to fail at implementing Android Auto and carplay.

Let's face it, people are obsessed with their smartphone. People are going to use it while driving no matter how dangerous it is. AA and carplay really do help make it safe.

I'm a bit disappointed with the interior. For a new version expected to last several years, it's a bit outdated: no full digital screen in the cockpit, no Android Auto or Carplay, no bird view nor 360 camera (no camera facing down in the side mirrors)

I'm a bit disappointed with the interior. For a new version expected to last several years, it's a bit outdated: no full digital screen in the cockpit, no Android Auto or Carplay, no bird view nor 360 camera (no camera facing down in the side mirrors)

Agreed, still lagging behind, I sat in a co-workers 2014 Nissan Rogue and holy cow that bird's eye view is awesome :

that 2017 CX-5 interior is disappointing, it looks very similar to new CX-9, wonder if they will offer a signature trim with the real wood

http://www.zoomzoommag.com/spring-2016#!mazda-cx-9

Last edited:

I am as well. The interior in the CX-9 looks high quality but the design is a little boring especially the gauges. For me it's either going to be this or the Tiguan when it is released here in the states.

Latest posts

Back