Next Gen CX-5 Rendered Photo

:
Mazda CX-5 Akera
So this is a Russian rendering of the CX-5 from the spy shots. Credit: Kolesa

I think its pretty close to what it would look like under the camouflaged skin. I think the rear may have a chrome strip across the tail lights like the Mazda6 and CX-9.

Mazda-CX-5-front-980x540-980x0-c-default.jpg

Mazda-CX-5-rear-980x540-980x0-c-default.jpg

If that is how it actually looks sans the dig camo I'll be very happy to have a 16. I hate chrome window trim and the front looks hideous.

It is beautiful If they ever made a hybrid and I had to buy a 2nd this would be it. Beats my 16.5 in looks all day long. Rear is much nicer as well.

what do you guys think about the unpainted trim piece along the bottom. I have a 2016 and I do wonder how it would look if it were painted.

Meh. (headshake So glad I got a 16 in 15 and didn't wait for this.

Look like a cx3 from the front, cx9 from the back. Rims looks awful.

Looks like a smaller CX-9. Is Mazda turning the CX-5 from a "sporty" into a "luxury"? Is that their new strategy to target the higher/upper class? That gave me a conspiracy that the income/vehicle poll is actually created by a Mazda employee (braindead

Now it doesn't look any better/different from a Forester or Tucson. It's funny how the Tucson looks like the CX-5, and now the CX-5 looks even closer to a Tucson. I so got used to seeing the curvy body that I can spot the CX-5 from far away, probably not with a 2017 model.

Yes it looks like they are moving away from the "KODO" design language. I do like the look of the front. Not so much the rear but it's yet to be officially revealed. Also hope they don't use those wheels. Mazda normally has slightly curvier design to them. Still pretty happy with the shape of the current gen :)

No longer distinctive, looks like all the rest. The current CX5 design has a curvy timeless design. As stated you can spot these cars instantly as they are unique and sexy looking. This new design will be lost in the crowd....sad.

On the contrary, the new one has a beautiful, timeless design. It's clearly a CX-5, only evolved.
No longer distinctive, looks like all the rest. The current CX5 design has a curvy timeless design. As stated you can spot these cars instantly as they are unique and sexy looking. This new design will be lost in the crowd....sad.

I like it... I hope production model also comes with the honeycomb grill

There are lots of things that add to the look. Personally I am not fond of CX-5's without certain accessories but that is just my subjective opinion.

If it has the same road manners with the possible turbo it will sell well.

It's funny... maybe it is geographical but I really don't see that many CX-5's where I live. I know they are out there but realize Mazda is currently only like 1% of the market. It will take time to build after being emancipated from Ford. I often feel I am driving a niche vehicle even though I know it isn't on the $$ side. Not complaining though...

On a side note...putting in a small 400W solar array for my primary residence so not much time to post. Just a hobby proof of concept but will give me an idea on how to scale it. It will have a linear actuator with a sun tracker sensor so should be efficient for what it is. Like this example...

pipe_1%20(1).jpg

EDIT: Sorry for derailing the thread... a long hot summer day and a couple imperial stouts clouded my judgment. :)

2016_IRSHero_web-2016-BeerPulse-FB-575x570.jpg

Last edited:
... On a side note...putting in a small 400W solar array for my primary residence so not much time to post. Just a hobby proof of concept but will give me an idea on how to scale it. It will have a linear actuator with a sun tracker sensor so should be efficient for what it is. Like this example...[/IMG]
So for solar panels like that size can only generate 400W under full sun? Are the panels hail proof?

So for solar panels like that size can only generate 400W under full sun? Are the panels hail proof?

You need a lot of panels if you think you are going to completely go off grid. One has to look for alternate fuels for the big ones like heating and cooking.

I'm certainly no expert just playing around with things. Even though it only generates 400W I do have a 1500 watt "pure sine wave inverter" (3000W momentary burst) that can be powered. The caveat is that I don't have the charging capability and battery farm to make that load run long enough. You use what is called a solar controller to charge the batteries. This protects batteries from over and under charged conditions.

I've been using this site.

http://www.windynation.com/

They claim:

"Capable of withstanding 1 inch diameter hail traveling at terminal velocity"

Back