How much are you guys paying for oil changes through your dealer?

That may actually be Castrol synthetic oil.

$45+tax at my dealer using Mazda Moly and OEM Oil filters

1d961fac8548a23966cd4fdf635e3748x.jpg

If $45 for oil change at Mazda.. I would have taken it in if they're using Mazda Moly...

I pay $55 for 5 qts of Mazda Moly + Filter from dealer...

I work next to a Chevy dealer, and their website has a factory coupon for a full synthetic oil change and tire rotation for $39.99. Maybe other Chevy dealers websites have the same coupon some of you could use.

I paid about $80 at my 5k service, tire rotation and oil change, but I also got a $20 mail in rebate and got the check pretty quick. I can give that to my dealer at my next service interval in a couple weeks. Since I just put Blizzaks on with Steel Rim's I don't think I will need a tire rotation this time.

I have a blood feud with the dealership I bought my CX-5 from, so unfortunately, I'll have to seek other businesses for oil changes and whatnot. :S

I'm in the same boat with my dealer, so I went to Glendale CA and they said $79.95(Castrol). I have not done it there yet, though.

Last edited:
Hi Guys
Here in New Zealand we get 3 years or 100,000km free servicing when we buy a new Mazda.
Worth between NZ$250 and NZ$350 each time.

Bought a new CX5 late in Nov last year.
It had 14kms on the clock when I drove it off the car lot.
Now has just over 4000km.
So looking at first service sometime in February.

Someone mentioned Mobil 1. And someone also said 6 qts of oil.
Manual says to use Castrol (way cheaper too) and I believe it's 4.8 qts with filter change.
I do them myself. It's east, I know I'm using the right oil and I like doing it.

That may actually be Castrol synthetic oil.

It is Mazda Moly as confirmed by the bottles as I'm the only one that hawks them down while they are doing the oil change. If I had a garage I would do it myself so I expect the same care from these guys.

hey dude would you say open road is any better vs wayne mazda? i've never really had good experiences with wayne.

They're both the same crap. I went to Wayne Mazda and then these guys before I eventually headed over to Trevose, PA to Faulkner Mazda where I ended up buying my CX-5 for significantly less in 2012. But my 2014 6 I bought from Open Road. At Open Road the finance manager tried to switch up the agreed numbers on me which I didn't like at all and almost walked out before he apologetically brought them back down to the agreed prices. Did not have this issue over at Faulkner. If drive wasn't over an hour long I'd service both cars there also.

I HATE Wayne Mazda. As a matter of fact, I was part of a class action suit against them. They were ripping people off for registration charges.
On top of that, they charged me for the CPO (It's free) on an 08 Mazda3 and a window etching fee. I had to file a complaint with the BBB and CA before those a**holes gave me the money back that they stole from me.
Do a search on them. They are BAD, BAD, BAD and do not deserve anyone's hard earned money.
You've been warned.

I have received a couple Mazda coupons in the mail from my dealer.........$49.95, and for up here, that's a good price. I just received the second coupon, so they must guess on my mileage, but I'm no where near my second oil change. And I still have one more freebie from the dealer. (with mazda syn oil).
I like doing my own regular service, but with these long intervals, it maybe another 8 months before I try one.

The oil changes through 15000 miles are included in the price of the Mazda at the dealer I bought from. Should be 3 oil changes, as the dealer wants to change the oil at 5000 mile intervals. That should last me a year, or more.

So, I have an update!

I got a free oil change coupon in the mail from my dealer, so I scheduled an oil change for last Saturday. When I got there, the service manager refused to honor my coupon and wanted to charge me the difference between a conventional oil change and a full synthetic oil change (I insisted on the Mazda oil with moly) (never the mind that the coupon had no such disclaimer regarding synthetic being extra, I even brought other coupons that DID have this disclaimer to prove it), and then when I pointed out that 0W20 oil does not even come in conventional, he dodged that. Eventually I agreed to pay the difference, which was about $48, since I knew I could get the oil online for about $40-45 and figured I was already there, so whatever. Then all of a sudden, he decided he needed to move my car from the spot that he originally told me to park in, to move another car (keep in mind it's already 2:30pm, my appt. was at 2pm, I've been standing around waiting watching him walk back and forth across the shop and deal with other customers), I said oh, I'll move it and reached for my keys. He grabbed them before me and said no I'll move it. I said I really would prefer to move my own car, thanks. We went back and forth for literally almost a full minute, with him saying things like, why would you bring your car here for an oil change and expect us not to drive your car, to which I responded, you will not be the one changing my oil, will you? I brought my car here only because I had a free coupon and you won't honor that. I finally had to forcibly take my keys from his hand and said you know what, forget it, I'm leaving. I backed out of the service bay and he promptly called me, which I ignored, and left a voicemail urging me to come back or make another appointment. I will not go back to the dealer unless there is a recall that requires dealer work. Even then I will probably try another nearby dealer (there are plenty in the DC metro area).

I guess I got really heated when he refused to give me my keys, but that REALLY pissed me off. If he was trying to move the car to actually pull it into a slot to have the oil changed, fine, but that wasn't why he was trying to move it. The car behind me was parallel parked and it was not necessary to move my car in the first place. He kept insisting that he needed to move my car. Maybe I was in the wrong, but I frankly did not want to stand there watching this a*hole service manager move my car after I just had it out with him about the coupon.

I went home and ordered the oil + filter from mazdaparts.org for $40 shipped (I ordered my roof rack too so got free shipping). My boyfriend (ex-mechanic) is changing the oil and installing the roof rack this weekend.

I get a coupon in the mail from Mazda for $69.95 synthetic oil changes for the dealer closest to me.
They said they'll use Mobil 1 or any other synthetic they have but I asked them how much more for the Mazda Molly oil & they said a few bucks more bc the price per quart is less than a dollar difference.
They used to let me bring my own oil & filter & I paid less than $10 for the labor & disposal fee.
I think it would cost me less than $50 total.

Got two coupons from two dealers @ 39.95 and @ 49.95 for a synthetic oil change. It also mentions other related services: filter change, fluid top-up and multi point inspection but not sure if those are included in these prices.

The owners manual specifically states to use the Mazda oil OR Castrol which is WAY cheaper then the other synthetic oils. Between the oil and filter, I did my own oil change for about $30. People are crazy to pay $80 for the dealership to do it.

Back