Lowering my MSP

SicMSP03.5

:
2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege
Sup everyone, in wanting to lower my MSP. What setup will give me the most lowering ability, just looking to get the fenders barely covering the tires. I'm not looking for "cut springs" or crappy ebay struts. I've been searching and I can never seem to get a straight answer. I have 16" wheels with some crappy tokico struts and skunk 2 coilover sleeves... They're horrible, I did not install these, bough it like that. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409810184.682466.jpg

Tokico struts aren't, "crappy" unless you mean that yours are worn out. And I'd wouldn't put sleeves on a Civic, let alone my own car. Your best option would be coilovers. Brand wise, I can't speak of that. I run Tokico Illumina Adjustable dampening struts with Eibach Pro springs. I don't want 'low', I wanted better handling. Bonks might be able to give some input.

Sup everyone, in wanting to lower my MSP. What setup will give me the most lowering ability, just looking to get the fenders barely covering the tires. I'm not looking for "cut springs" or crappy ebay struts. I've been searching and I can never seem to get a straight answer. I have 16" wheels with some crappy tokico struts and skunk 2 coilover sleeves... They're horrible, I did not install these, bough it like that. View attachment 208607

The look you're going for requires coilovers without a doubt..... BC Racing, Yellow Speed and Fortune Auto come to mind. U can slam it in the summer and raise it in the winter. Do you research on those brands before you pull the trigger

Did you just buy that car? Looks a lot like Fuad's old car, the one that kid 'wally's world' had for a while

Try to find eibach sportlines and put sedan dampers in the back. I'm not tucked but its a pretty nice stance that's still funtional. Msp tokikos rake it in the back I think.

Yeah I have the original tokico struts. I think they're blown not sure tho bc they don't bounce all that much and their isn't any fluid on the struts. @hornsfan10609 I bought it about a month ago in Southern California.

The look you're going for requires coilovers without a doubt..... BC Racing, Yellow Speed and Fortune Auto come to mind. U can slam it in the summer and raise it in the winter. Do you research on those brands before you pull the trigger

Lol yeah I've been doing research for about 2.5 weeks now. It's hard to pull the right info because most peoples thread just wonder down the dark rabbit hole.

So coilovers without a doubt will let me drop 2-3 more inches? I'm sitting about 1.5in the front and 1.7in rear about tire level with these coilover sleeves.

You're going to have to get coilovers if you want to go that low. I've always heard that BC and K Sports are quality.

Never mind lol I understand you get what you pay for but those are a little out of my budget. Nice tho

I had fortune autos on my evo x for a couple of weeks. Hated them. Handling and build quality was good, but they were probably the harshest coilover I've ever driven on.

Despite the fact that I ran relatively low spring rates (~9K?), I never saw them compress. At one point I had 3 people jumping up and down in my trunk in unison and the suspension didn't even compress a single millimeter.

Maybe they're better on the protege.

It's not too bad on the protege but honestly I don't mind the harsh ride, but then again the protege isn't my daily driver lol

I had fortune autos on my evo x for a couple of weeks. Hated them. Handling and build quality was good, but they were probably the harshest coilover I've ever driven on.

Despite the fact that I ran relatively low spring rates (~9K?), I never saw them compress. At one point I had 3 people jumping up and down in my trunk in unison and the suspension didn't even compress a single millimeter.

Maybe they're better on the protege.

What version were your running

Back