Post Pictures of Your CX-5 Mods, Upgrades and Accessories!

New pedals, no drilling
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-Brake-Foot-Rest-Pedals-Plates-Pads-Cover-AT-For-2012-2013-Mazda-CX-5-CX5/1890424355.html[/QUOTE]
Those look a little generic, definitely not OEM look. If they don't mount by drilling, how to they stay on the pedals? Double sided tape? That doesn't seem very safe if you have to emergency stop (read: stomp) on them.

This just came in the mail! Hopefully I will be able to try it out in the next day or two.

9b6335eb-d9e6-4dc1-a0cd-bff0919b505b_zps656bf3c0.jpg

ec9fd8eb-fe8d-46df-8184-021556637f77_zpsd79ab2e3.jpg
keep us posted on the results of this kit, I'd like to see if it works!

Just platidipped rear front and rear M emblems, along with the gloss black strip above the front M emblem.

ib0NBh8VDjDFvw.jpg

iPVgeh1aWrkzK.jpg

Just platidipped rear front and rear M emblems, along with the gloss black strip above the front M emblem.

ib0NBh8VDjDFvw.jpg

iPVgeh1aWrkzK.jpg
How did you tape the front emblem? Or did you take it off. There's that crevis behind the emblem that seems hard to tape off.

How did you tape the front emblem? Or did you take it off. There's that crevis behind the emblem that seems hard to tape off.

Here's a pic of how I taped it off. Surprisingly, there wasn't much build up in the crevice around the logo. Where some did collect, all I did was take a thin piece of plastic and push it in to where it wasn't visible.

iTGZPZtvW8eCn.jpg

^ I was looking at your floor mat and how well it covers the dead pedal....

To be honest that's one of the reasons I decided to purchase the U-Guard 3D MAXpider mats. I was worried the gas pedal cover wouldn't fit due to how close the mat gets to the gas pedal, but they just fit.

I finally got around to installing my new drill free gas/brake pedal covers.
2014-06-25083956_zps7f0aed39.jpg

To me, it looks a little naked without the dead pedal. How is it secured? It's good practice to bolt mods to safety controls securely in the event of a unpredictable situation.

I bought the kit for my CWP and it worked very well. I would definitely recommend it.

Any pics of said repair? I'd like to have a visual explanation.

Last edited:
I purchased the brake pedals on aliexpress, but they have them on ebay as well.
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-Brake-Foot-Rest-Pedals-Plates-Pads-Cover-AT-For-2012-2013-Mazda-CX-5-CX5/1890424355.html Here is a photo of the back of the brake pedals.
HT1VMq4FRJXXXagOFbXT_zps215d6a72.jpg

The brake pedal is secured on the same way as the OEM brake pedal and it's very secure. The Gas pedal is not going anywhere, but it's not nearly as secure. I will probably end up securing it better with some double sided tape.

Let me know if you guys wants to see more pictures of them.

Last edited:
The brake pedal is secured on the same way as the OEM brake pedal and it's very secure. The Gas pedal is not going anywhere, but it's not nearly as secure. I will probably end up securing it better with some double sided tape.

Let me know if you guys wants to see more pictures of them.

Ok, I see now. I can give approval on those (thumb). Now, what's the black stripes made of? Non skid tape? Rubber? Still think you're missing a dead pedal (deadhorse)

It's made of rubber. I will probably end up painting the metal portion of the brake pads once they get a significant amount of wear and tear on them. If they had a matching dead pedal I certainly would have bought it. If I'm feeling like making a mod down the road I will probably end up purchasing the pedals most the other users on the forum have.

It's made of rubber. I will probably end up painting the metal portion of the brake pads once they get a significant amount of wear and tear on them. If they had a matching dead pedal I certainly would have bought it. If I'm feeling like making a mod down the road I will probably end up purchasing the pedals most the other users on the forum have.

you mean the covers like mine? Why didn't you do that to begin with?! (lol2) Nah, J/K, it's good to be different. A warning though: it'll look horrible if you paint them. The paint will rub off with constant use from your shoes.

Back