too many of them

HandA

:
Mazda3 and CX-5
It is official, there are too many CX-5's out there now.

Last weekend we walked up to the wrong one in a parking lot. Realized at about 5 feet away that it wasn't the right white CX5.

lol. I haven't seen many in Chicago actually. Really maybe 4-5 ever.

I see them in south bay / Silicon Valley just about everyday. Certainly not common as new CRV's and new Escapes, but relatively common now. Yep, it's official.

My girlfriend just told me the same exact words yesterday. Thankful that Ford got its dirty and controlling hands out of Mazda's pockets a few years ago.

Been seeing more and more of them in the Silicon Valley! woot!

The other day, I got stares of amazement from another couple in a CX5 when they passed me on the freeway when I had 2 bikes on top of my cx5. Glad I could show them what the car is capable of. lol.

Now I know how to spot your CX-5, the bikes on roof should stand out.

Mine's the only one I've seen locally in white with 35% tint on 2 front windows and authentic (Mustang) GT rear license plate frame, but that's kind of subtle...

haven't seen too many in the Houston area, but if the number of them in the lots at dealerships is a sign, i will soon be seeing more.

My neighbor have one parked across the street... Same color, different trim lol.

Yeah, I've been seeing CX-5 quite a lot in the Bay, but not as common as CR-V or Escape for sure.

The small dealership we bought from sold OVER 40 CX-5's, in the month of July (none left)....This is a dealership that, on average, sells a total of 65 cars a month. That includes ALL Mazda models and used cars. We're on our second sky blue mica. Don't see to many around. But to set it apart (see avatar) I put a 20" blue ZOOM ZOOM on the rear bumper.

Personally I don't think there is a thing as too many.

The more Mazdas on the road, the better Mazda does, the more they can make, the more they innovate, the more fun they are, the better for us!

^ Exactly. More money for Mazda, means more money for R&D for other innovative products.

I had a lady stop 2 cars short at a stop light and ogle the crap out of my cx-5. she was in a blue on and it was probably the only other one she'd seen, yet alone with wheels and lowered. This was a few months ago, and here in san Antonio they are still relatively uncommon, on the other hand mazda 3's and 6's (not 2014) are everywhere.

Last edited:
Last year a lady bought a white one after seeing ours in my townhome development, this year 3 more families bought it so a total of 5 CX-5's here alone :D

Thankful that Ford got its dirty and controlling hands out of Mazda's pockets a few years ago.

It is good that Mazda is free to innovate now, but Ford's "dirty and controlling" hands actually sustained Mazda for many years. Mazda would have likely been bankrupt without Ford, and certainly would have been driven out of the North American market like Isuzu and Suzuki.

Ford and Mazda will continue to have business relationships in the future, even without Ford's previously higher level of stock ownership.

Funny, the same thing happened to me in Asheville last Saturday. I was trying to get into the wrong car. I jumped when I noticed the roof rack, which I do not have on mine. I'm seeing quite a few white CX-5 around here; the second most popular color seems to be the gray, followed by red.

One of my neighbors has a white CX-5. I haven't seen any other Soul Red examples aside from mine in my area. I assume that color is about to get way more popular with the 2014 MZ3

It seems that our Liquid Silver is very popular, especially now that the windshield has been replaced! I do have to say that I have not seen any yet with high power LED DRLs. The Cree LEDs I installed are quite noticeable, even in a sea of cars in rush hour, as I was keeping track of my wife in the rear view mirror, even a quarter mile away...but that does not help the parking lot issue.

Back