Got the 2014 CX-5 Grand Touring w/Tech Package today.......

Hmmm...gotta check that out. Would be nice if the rest of the rear lights are LED. Maybe too much to ask.
That was one of my criteria for a new car, but couldn't wait any longer. They might put it on by the end of the model life cycle. I put some LED bulbs in the brake light so the brakes come on all at the same time now.

That was one of my criteria for a new car, but couldn't wait any longer. They might put it on by the end of the model life cycle. I put some LED bulbs in the brake light so the brakes come on all at the same time now.

Hmmm....any pics?

Responses in bold.

4) Having the "auto" on the headlight is a bit confusing because I am used to the typical japanese cars (two clicks and headlights is on, now I have to do either 1 or 3 clicks). Haven't really look into the "auto" rain sensing wipers yet.

You know that the auto headlight means you leave it on the auto setting right? You don't need to keep turning to the off position every single time you get out of the car. The headlights stay on after you get out of the car at night for anywhere from 30-120 seconds. You can customize this under the settings

12) Got blind spot mirror and will be installing it tomorrow.

You don't need blind spot mirrors if you properly adjust the mirrors. The sides of the car should not be visible in your side mirrors. http://www.caranddriver.com/features/how-to-adjust-your-mirrors-to-avoid-blind-spots

14) Do all of you only have 2 keys from the dealer? My past cars I get 3 keys or more. 2 keys with keyfob and usually at least a valet key.

Only two keys. It's a smart key system, so there is no physical valet key as there is no keyhole to put it in.

21) When driving at night, the rear view mirror looking to the back seems very dark. Maybe because I am not used to tinted rear

You have an auto-dimming mirror. It darkens when there are lights behind you so you aren't blinded.

22) May I ask what is the point of that P/R/N/D thing going down like a maze? It's not a stick shift just make it plain and simple. Just up and down is fine. I think it's just dumb. Maybe it's me.

There are many cars that use this setup. Lexus, Mercedes, Toyota... I actually prefer it over a straight back setup as you don't have to depress a button to change positions. Also, it allows a physical manual mode instead of stupid shift buttons like GM and Ford uses.

3rd brake light is LED
i miss those rims...wont be putting them on for another 3 weeks because theres still snow here and its cold

Responses in bold.

Hmmm.....first car I have that has auto headlight so I felt weird when I shut off engine (while it was still on auto) and the headlights were on. At that point if I activate alarm does it shut off the headlights or I have to wait the 30 to 120 seconds?

I've seen that "blind spot settings" in the past. The issue is probably me. I started driving in the 80s so that's like old school and I've had mirrors "not" positioned like that for over 20 some odd years of driving. It's hard for me to adjust because I am so used to it. Which is the reason I have a blind spot mirror on each of my car.

This is also my first automatic with that wiggly P/R/N/D thing. Maybe just have to get use to it. It sure doesn't make it any fancy when you shift it down like that. Seems like you are a m/t wannabe.

Hmmm.....first car I have that has auto headlight so I felt weird when I shut off engine (while it was still on auto) and the headlights were on. At that point if I activate alarm does it shut off the headlights or I have to wait the 30 to 120 seconds?
You can change it in the settings.
Read the owners manual, it'll answer most of your questions.

I actually updated the firmware on my TomTom SD card through my TomTom account, in addition to uploading a more up to date map (you get a one free update up to I think 60 or 90 days after you purchase your car) and it's been running like a champ no issues. Also with the update you can load the option for locations of the red light camera so that you get the warning when you are close to one

So was it a painless upgrade?

The live traffic should be lifetime

Really??????????????

It took about an hour with my internet connection to download the new map and the software upgrades, but it was flawless

This is also my first automatic with that wiggly P/R/N/D thing. Maybe just have to get use to it. It sure doesn't make it any fancy when you shift it down like that. Seems like you are a m/t wannabe.

Most of the cars that I have driven over the years have these and I actually prefer them over the straight line and makes changing gears much faster because you don't have to press any buttons. This also works much better with the Manumatic mode which I use a lot.

Please tell me I'm not the only one that thinks some questions in this thread are pointless and can be answered purely by common sense.

Please tell me I'm not the only one that thinks some questions in this thread are pointless and can be answered purely by common sense.

They are and most can be answered with a little research but always the case with an excited brand new owner and it's understandable.

They are and most can be answered with a little research but always the case with an excited brand new owner and it's understandable.

It was more of a quick review and blah blah it all out. If people don't mind then sure I'll take quick answer if not I've been reading that manual myself. It's over 500+ pages. It's a text book and I don't expect myself to finish it in 2 day.

Now back to our regularly scheduled thread....

Anyone else enjoying their CX-5 GT more and more as time goes on? After 1 week of ownership, I'm adjusting to driving sensations and driving it more with purpose rather than apprehension. Each day, testing it's capabilities and seeing how it responds, it's really growing on me and it's becoming a fun vehicle.

Now back to our regularly scheduled thread....

Anyone else enjoying their CX-5 GT more and more as time goes on? After 1 week of ownership, I'm adjusting to driving sensations and driving it more with purpose rather than apprehension. Each day, testing it's capabilities and seeing how it responds, it's really growing on me and it's becoming a fun vehicle.

Sure, let's get back to the thread. So far I am liking it. Only driven a little over 100 miles. Have yet to had some butt time to sit in garage and test out the functions. So far I like how it handles. Definitely car-like and I don't have that "roll over/wobble" feeling when making turns or exiting highway ramps. The avg mpg said about 19.5 so far. LOL.

I drive almost 100 miles each day and I can say that this car is very fun and comfortable. I don't get bored at all. I don't do a lot of hard corners as I am still not used to being higher off the ground coming from a sedan but whenever I do make sharp turns it seem to instill confidence. I got 33mpg last fill up with 80% highway =)

I drive almost 100 miles each day and I can say that this car is very fun and comfortable. I don't get bored at all. I don't do a lot of hard corners as I am still not used to being higher off the ground coming from a sedan but whenever I do make sharp turns it seem to instill confidence. I got 33mpg last fill up with 80% highway =)

That's awesome mileage. Yeah, the handling definitely is a pretty big surprise so far. This is my wife's car but when I do get to drive it I tend to push it a bit and so far so good.

Back