Bikingpro5 supercharged Protege5

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, quick story. A few months after owning the p5 a man merged into me and crumpled my rear fender on the passenger side. I paid big (insurance) money on body and paint, plus I threw in stone poof my own money for more work and in the front. It's apparent a few years down the road that I got bad body work and bad paint. The paint started chipping and now today I realize the fender work they did is what is causing my fender rubbing. Instead of fixing it back right, that didn't raise the body out as far as it should have been, used cheap filler, welded in thick metal and used cheap paint. I can't simply roll the body out enough to fix Terr issue because everything would simply break. Instead of paying the thousand dollar rough estimate to repair everything, I think I'm going to pay $25 for camber bolts and put just enough camber on the rear to tuck under the fender.

So, quick story. A few months after owning the p5 a man merged into me and crumpled my rear fender on the passenger side. I paid big (insurance) money on body and paint, plus I threw in stone poof my own money for more work and in the front. It's apparent a few years down the road that I got bad body work and bad paint. The paint started chipping and now today I realize the fender work they did is what is causing my fender rubbing. Instead of fixing it back right, that didn't raise the body out as far as it should have been, used cheap filler, welded in thick metal and used cheap paint. I can't simply roll the body out enough to fix Terr issue because everything would simply break. Instead of paying the thousand dollar rough estimate to repair everything, I think I'm going to pay $25 for camber bolts and put just enough camber on the rear to tuck under the fender.

lol, you need a thread to keep track of all the bad things that have happened to this car.. like a build thread but more of a place for you too keep track of the random up and downs. would be a good read IMO

Sorry to thread jack, this is the easiest way to explain and show to you the issue. I keep track of every mod on my car through this site's garage. I currently have spent $8,598.00 USD on this car and most of it is getting it back to a reasonable state. I know you have too with paint, rust proofing/rust fixing, etc

Crunch

iPk693ELz6D6c.JPG

ibofWeRQ93JQ41.JPG

iCUMulxH9oHjP.JPG

Body shop

ivPFCy8u2SNEF.JPG

i231XehMo7GHo.JPG

ibj0QDg1tgAkym.JPG

Bad paint

ioSllsv4PoC2z.jpg

Bad flare

iby7TcLjGoUgxU.jpg

I had to do a double take on who's build thread I was reading...

well since im waiting on the results for my battery.. needed to have it tested to make sure that was the reason i could not turn over the car...

IMG-20120608-00525.jpg

8mm spacers... ya longer studs will be installed before i run these on the car, anyone else is free to do as they wish but id feel much more comfortable with a longer stud.

IMG-20120609-00534.jpg

without spacers.. and yes i know the car is filthy but it has been living in the garage for a long time..

IMG-20120609-00530.jpg

testing panels in the interior before i install/clean them
IMG-20120608-00526.jpg

You will need longer studs if you plan to run those spacers....

Looking good man!

He is planning on it. But there are plenty of people running 8mm spacers on stock studs without problems. I can't argue with piece of mind though.

Ya i already have the longer studs, I think it depends what brakes your running as my larger rotors might have thicker hats and don't allow as much thread as some other.

Did you already swap the studs, JT? I'm hoping I can swap out my studs with the hubs still mounted on the car. Just put a used lug nut on the stud and pound them out, then pull the new one in with another lug and the impact wrench.

I've only got the 5mm spacers but maybe my wheels have more material so less threads. Better safe than sorry.

Did you already swap the studs, JT? I'm hoping I can swap out my studs with the hubs still mounted on the car. Just put a used lug nut on the stud and pound them out, then pull the new one in with another lug and the impact wrench.

I've only got the 5mm spacers but maybe my wheels have more material so less threads. Better safe than sorry.

I have not swapped them but I'm hoping to use the same method you are thinking about. Only downside is that i do not like the look of open ended lugs and I'm hoping i do not need to swap a set in. Ill be running the 8mm spacers, i had 5mm ones last year and had all kinds of thread left on the stud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back