ALL 2.3 DZR speeds Want a TMIC

It isn't that I don't like CS, and I have no idea if I like their IC or not, because no one has it, nor all the numbers behind it. I think it's odd that they haven't given us any numbers behind the claims they made, especially this close to public release. I'm not whining to you about it, I'm trying to get CS to put their money where there mouth is (and no, this isn't the only way I'm addressing this). I would think that other people that are putting hundreds of dollars up for the piece would want verified claims as well. Saying something works well and showing us that it works well are two different things. Am I impatient? Sure. But given the only reason we aren't getting the original ship date [now] is because of the amount of orders they received, means testing, for the most part, is complete...now it's just QC on the volume of goods in stock. is it that crazy to ask a company to prove their performance upgrade is actually an upgrade (which I'm sure it is, but to what extent)? I don't think so. I am not going to take them at their word so when someone asks, "what kind of gains do you see with that?" I can simply reply "significant".

Bolt-ons are pretty black and white. testing shows how much/little you've gained lost by adding them. grey words/claims like "significant" don't really fly.

It isn't like i'm boycotting CS or not going to buy parts from them in the future...it's a new piece...i want to know relevant things about it.

Sick_role, I think it's going to be very hard to compare TMIC's amongst the different vendors. There is not a 'standardized test' that would effectively level the test parameters and make the intercoolers easy to compare across the board. I think the critical point in this case is that Corksport did compare their intercooler against the OEM one. Based on those results, there is a clear advantage and the Corksport TMIC is a no-brainer with regard to improving over stock. It effectively eliminates the issue of heat soak, etc.

Secondly, and regarding the dyno, it would be very difficult to ascertain the validity of the dyno results. If you put the car in fourth gear and do a pull, you likely won't notice much heat soak in even the stock intercooler. Perhaps if you did 5 dyno runs in succession and compared the results stock vs. aftermarket you would see the difference. The goal (I think philosophically) of the intercooler is to prevent hp/tq loss, not increase it. My basic understanding is that any improvement in any TMIC with respect to the dyno would be reflected in an increase in hp/tq due to increased boost from a more efficient intercooler.

I understand where you are coming from regarding parameters across companies. Kind of like the uselessness of Dynamic Contrast Ratio on a tv (Sony Bravia Infinity:1 comes to mind)...

I think the basic claims of all manufacturers are the same for IC's, Pressure drop, therm eff, hp/tq gains. To focus on the last one, as it is more topical, a dyno chart/log will certainly address this. Like you said, 5 runs stock vs 5 runs upgrade. you can throw math at it and balance things out across the board regarding the variables but really the end of the day, regardless of variables, is you have a document which outlines stock vs upgrade. I don't doubt it's a better piece than stock at all. And honestly, if they wouldn't have said it achieved significant performance gains, I wouldn't be all over this. I understand "performance" isn't just hp/tq but the context of the statement was certianly surrounding those very things. They need to quantify those claims and show how they got there...well I think so anyway.

Based on a 5 pull stock vs 5 pull upgrade datalog, Company C's TMIC holds an avg hp increase of x and an avg tq increase of x. AFR was x. Pressure drop was x. Conditions of each run were x and we used dynometer x. here's the charts. It's that simple lol.

I'll have a dyno in a few weeks of my car now (corksport intake, inlet, test pipe) and after (Cobb Ap, Autotech internals, and Corksport TMIC)
If anyone is interested I'll put it up.......

i got an email from derrick last week regarding final payment...shoot him a pm

all tmics are shipping on the 16th

Got an email from Derrick saying I should have my intercooler by Friday. Woot woot!

Quick question: I understand that I may see more power running a more efficient intercooler, but is that extra power coming from any extra psi, or is it just because of a cooler charge? I understand the whole load based tuning that the factory ecu uses, so does that mean it will tune down my boost to achieve the same power level? I'm currently running the hypertech tune, seeing 18psi, will I see lower or higher boost, or the same?

just opened the box. I was giving them s*** for the "update" with the custom box...but it is actually pretty nice. Not sure I'm in love with the finish...but the cooling fins go all the way to the end tanks...so that's good lol.

And...he must have heard me. I like the finish actually. I guess it doesn't matter much to me since the stock shroud will be going on top of it.

Installed. I have absolutely no objective evidence but seat of the pants dyno says improvement over stock and for me, thats justified money well spent.

The first batch of the TMIC was not as big as we would have liked. We will have our next batch ready to ship out on May 25th.

-Derrick

Received mine last week or so. Haven't mounted it yet, but the craftsmanship is flawless. I'm 100% satisfied with this piece and I haven't even put it on yet. Lol.
Corksport ftw!!

I got mine lastweek and its good just don't like how stock cover fits need a black shroud waiting on a call back from Corksport ahhhhh oneday lol

I got mine almost two weeks ago and felt that it definitely allowed more air to pass without obstruction! It was worth it! car wants to hit boost just a split second sooner... id still love to see someone's dyno numbers though.

Back