Newbie with 88 323 GTX

EVILKAMOTE

:
1988 MAZDA 323 GTX / 1984 MAZDA RX7 GSL-SE
Wassup people!!! i recently purchased my GTX from a friend of mine and can't stop driving this fast little car. Its in great shape with very minimal issues.. the passenger cv axle needs placing and the climate control fan stopped working (i think the switch is broken )

Pics will be added soon...

pics added...

20110128141807.jpg
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

20110128141826.jpg

20110128141854.jpg

20110128141911.jpg

20110128142304.jpg

20110128141930.jpg

20110128141950.jpg

20110128142009.jpg

20110128142101.jpg

20110128142115.jpg

20110128142234.jpg

20110128142242.jpg

i need to clean the interior and wax the body...

welcome, very nice and very clean

I put the DOHC 16V Turbo stickers on my 88 GT. I miss the blue mirrors too! Looks great!!!

edit: Wonder why it doesn't have the ASA, the buttons arn't on the dash either.

ASA was not an option on the GTX, only front wheel drive models.

Very nice ride! I have to say I jealous of its condition. Very original, and clean. Most of the "good condition" GTX that come up for sale here in Canada are one step away from their next life as a mailbox.

I would seriously give you my MSP for that car, I have missed 2 chances to get one and stupidly passed on both. If anyone wants an MSP with extras and forged internals.........for a gtx.........let me know!

Clean ride

thanks everybody.. I have been looking for these cars for over a year now.. I didn't know that one of my buddy/Mechanic has one, I only found out when I brought my rx7 to get a tune up.. I was suprise when I saw it sitting in the parking lot.. it took two months to convince my buddy to sell me the car..

this car is in great condition, engine and tranny have no issue and its a rust free car (minus the cv axle and fan switch issue ).. I got real lucky with this car...

" I got real lucky with this car... "

Yes, yes you did - take good care if it! There are not many left in that kind of shape. I have a good, clean drivers seat for it, but I think you could find an upholstery shop to repair yours for way less than shipping one from Canada. :)

" I got real lucky with this car... "

Yes, yes you did - take good care if it! There are not many left in that kind of shape. I have a good, clean drivers seat for it, but I think you could find an upholstery shop to repair yours for way less than shipping one from Canada. :)

thanks for the offer JP... I will definitely take real good car of the car..
call me selfish but I'm considering to get another one, I found one in good condition as well but I will need to sell my RX7 before I can snatch the other one...

I'm considering selling or trading my wheels(ROTA 16" ) for a good old school jdm looking wheels... any suggestion?

Yeah, your car has made me decide to sell my MSP and hunt for one of these! Or trade for one if I could find one for sale/trade.

Wassup guys!!! what do you guys think about this wheel? 14x6 ADVAN Wheels..
I just don't know if the red wheel will look good on my ride.. well I can always get it powder coated... I think imma pull the trigger and get these wheels.. I can always sell my rota dpt..

advan.jpg

ASA was not an option on the GTX, only front wheel drive models.

Very nice ride! I have to say I jealous of its condition. Very original, and clean. Most of the "good condition" GTX that come up for sale here in Canada are one step away from their next life as a mailbox.

Evilkamote: How many miles on her? I have one pic that didn't load and that one may be the odometer. What is the stock spring stiffness on the GTX (since it only has one)? I used the "sport" mode (hard setting-all 4 wheels) quite often but if I left it on too long I would catch myself lunging for the button to softer the rears, it would drive you crazy during normal driving! Man I miss that car!

Highspeed: You said Stupidly lol.

Holy crap, I thought I had power windows?! thinking, thinking, thinking....

Last edited:
I like the advans but the 14's may look too small.

I like the advans but the 14's may look too small.

The car came stock w/14's (185/60-14) but I used them for Winter and put Enkie 82 Wheels and 195/55-15 tires.

Evilkamote: How many miles on her? I have one pic that didn't load and that one may be the odometer. What is the stock spring stiffness on the GTX (since it only has one)? I used the "sport" mode (hard setting-all 4 wheels) quite often but if I left it on too long I would catch myself lunging for the button to softer the rears, it would drive you crazy during normal driving! Man I miss that car!

Highspeed: You said Stupidly lol.

Holy crap, I thought I had power windows?! thinking, thinking, thinking....

the car only has 102K+ miles.. I don't know the stock spring stiffness but my car has already after market spring and shocks ( don't know the brand ) installed by the previous owner...

oOn8: the advan wheels were already sold... I got to keep looking another set of wheels.

do you guys think that 14's are too small for 323?

What about these? konig rewind 14s..
konigrewind.jpg

I really like those - 14" would not bother me, but I would consider 15" in case I ever did a brake upgrade. Panasports have always been the goal for mine, but the rewinds are pretty cool looking too.

Fantastic looking GTX....stay with the wheels in the first photos , they look the best. Can anyone answer why some of the GTX's came with the two rear spoilers and others (like mine) only have the lower one on the hatch. Is it a USA / Canada thing as I know of two others here on the west coast that only have the lower like mine ???

i ended up getting 15" gold panasport.. I'll post pic tomorrow..

oh anyone knows how to take out the climate control? I took the four screws ( two from the air vents and two that holds the climate control) that holds it but I still could not pull it out... I think there are cables that I need to disconnect but not sure where to start...

Latest posts

Back