jdm FS 2.0L engine (168 HP)

i did the math and this will cost much less.
cams 360 for both
pistons 196

then whatever i add...

id need new bearings and rings with a turbo too....

not necessarily. As long as your mileage isnt to high, engine has been maintained and no problems with it, the you should easily be able to run stock boost on your block.

im going to go na because everyone goes turbo and i want to be unique.

props for being unique. im the same way there.

more power will come from turbo for the equivilent price though. more bang for your buck if your looking for power gains

why not do both? cams and a turbo later? thats what im planning to do myself while doing lightweight pulleys aswell.

Last edited:
yeah yeah. but the truth is i should be pushing about the same power as a stock msp at the brake for about half the cost...

Haha, always throwin out this "unique" word...

yep. well in a world of tuned hondas i guess we are all unique there... but its just nice to not follow trends.

on a relivant side note . my valve seals are completely gone. so im going to be taking my head off and doing everything that needs to be done while its off. my plans for the car are to run a stock MSP turbo and stock boost eventually and a goal of 200whp. Is it worth putting in the JDM intake and exhaust cams too. or can that somehow screw with the turbo for the increased duration on the cams?

yep. well in a world of tuned hondas i guess we are all unique there... but its just nice to not follow trends.

on a relivant side note . my valve seals are completely gone. so im going to be taking my head off and doing everything that needs to be done while its off. my plans for the car are to run a stock MSP turbo and stock boost eventually and a goal of 200whp. Is it worth putting in the JDM intake and exhaust cams too. or can that somehow screw with the turbo for the increased duration on the cams?

No, it won't hurt the turbo. They will yield you decent gains with the stock MSP turbo setup, too. Maybe ~8whp. If you tune, anyways...

No, it won't hurt the turbo. They will yield you decent gains with the stock MSP turbo setup, too. Maybe ~8whp. If you tune, anyways...

hmm. Is it just worth sticking with just the intake then? they seem to over hype the cams saying 12whp gains for just the intake.. maybe half of that.

for now on an MSP a full lightweight pully set and jdm cams. any idea on a HP number? mp3 stock is 140. and whp around 105 ish im assuming. maybe a 20hp jump with both cams and pulleys?

and a tune will definitly help but no point doing it until all of the supporting mods are done.

Last edited:
15 hp but it would be about 7 at the wheels

i figured it was going to be something horrible like that. jees these motors are horrible for NA mods.

when getting my head cleaned/planed is it worth getting a valve job? any other performance things i could do to the head other than a port/polish?

just looking to get some decient hp and set my motor up for if i actually get the money to boost.

well porting and polishing isnt gonna do much to these engines until they are tuned for it... you already have the ecu, so just get pullies, and cams and be done. the difference is really in the power to weight ratio. it may not seem like much but 10 horsepower really made my car pick up! only get things you can still use when you get boost so you dont waste money

well porting and polishing isnt gonna do much to these engines until they are tuned for it... you already have the ecu, so just get pullies, and cams and be done. the difference is really in the power to weight ratio. it may not seem like much but 10 horsepower really made my car pick up! only get things you can still use when you get boost so you dont waste money

exactly. im building it to make some power now but all mods will work with/help when its turbo'd.

i know a PnP is stupid for the power im making now or will be making. just wondering if there is anything else worth doing while the whole head is off.

ive already upgraded all my suspension/handing stuff. and motor mounts as well to put the power to the ground. sub and wires have been removed for weight and useless-ness.

also have a carbon hood to lose the 5 pounds... and a header is currently on the car while a custom exhaust will be put on after the head is done. no point making it now while im still burning oil to ruin the new hi-flow cat..

am i right to assume the cams and pulleys will yield more additional gains once the engine is boosted?

yes very much. the cams especially. they give you greater exhaust and intake flow which allows you to push more boost in

Back