What have you done to your P5 today?

Yeah...that's the idea. H/E, after my 6 month deployment...the protege may be heading to pasture. Going to step up to a new/used Speed3/6 or a Subie (not the bug eye or the hawk eye, the 1 between those 2)...it's a nasty fact of life as I crave the power after getting out of the turbo miata. And seems like my wife is just destined to get an Escalade (02-04)...such is life.

What....not the panda? :(

Well the gauge pod is done. I broke the pipe off the bezel a few times so there's a noticeable crack on the left side but it's fine. I just need it for the function and the crack isn't that bad. I'm overall very happy with how it came out but I think I could've done a much better job if I would've spent a bunch more time on it. Below are some pics of it put on just to show how it will look come June 13th :D. I'm so excited.

GaugeBezel_008.jpg

GaugeBezel_010.jpg

Nice, can you still see the check engine light though?

true ha ha .
im still wondering why MP5's go turbo?
its a style wagon on clean lines and sexy style...why make it un-reliable?
get dumpt and go.

It's alot more fun to be as fast as the car looks or much much faster :) and room for skateboards and gear for me and my kids or even my 23pc drumset if I needed! I went turbo right before everyone started breaking s*** but I was already in too deep to turn back... so built and reliable was the only option.

true ha ha .
get dumpt and go.

true ha ha .
get dumpt and go.
Because I can go around 15 mph uneven off-ramps at 50 mph without a single worry about scraping or binding or losing my tires because they're stretched to the limit. Because I can go WOT at full wheel-lock, let off the gas and throw the car into an oversteer, then apply throttle again to get it pointing right back where it should. Because I can successfully navigate the crappiest of parking lots with the worst pot-holes and the sharpest turns without a single issue...

Sorry, my "unreliable" turbocharged P5 has much more function than your "dumpt" Euro-wannabe wagon. And it's faster to boot!

Sorry just a little pissed about this "dumpt" fad that seems to be spreading. Last time I checked this wasn't HondaTech, or VWVortex for that matter. At one point in time we actually had a large number of performance-oriented Protege owners and now it seems that people only care about appearance. To me, that is the definition of rice.

Because I can go around 15 mph uneven off-ramps at 50 mph without a single worry about scraping or binding or losing my tires because they're stretched to the limit. Because I can go WOT at full wheel-lock, let off the gas and throw the car into an oversteer, then apply throttle again to get it pointing right back where it should. Because I can successfully navigate the crappiest of parking lots with the worst pot-holes and the sharpest turns without a single issue...

Sorry, my "unreliable" turbocharged P5 has much more function than your "dumpt" Euro-wannabe wagon. And it's faster to boot!

Sorry just a little pissed about this "dumpt" fad that seems to be spreading. Last time I checked this wasn't HondaTech, or VWVortex for that matter. At one point in time we actually had a large number of performance-oriented Protege owners and now it seems that people only care about appearance. To me, that is the definition of rice.
the ONLY reason i didnt boost my car was the low compression/oil burning, but itll happen soon enough. or a bp n/a swap. something not a regular fsde.

That's why I have the turbo miata. Because its faster. The p5 is for everyday use.
And get a rwd car for true oversteer fun!!

However, the pendulum swings both ways. I want to dump the p5 because I know I'll never get around to boosting it as I love its reliabilty.

And more food for thought...the mx6 in the garage is gonna get boosted too.
So bring on the fun!

Oh and next year...bye bye p5...hello new 3.

Yeah. What he said.

i can't understand your "anger" about the dumpt fad. but since i have had my first car(18) i have always wanted my cars to be low. now im 24 and i still think my cars should be low.... and if its just my daily then **** performance i want it to last a while.
and my wagon might look euro-wannabe but its my style and i dont think its euro at all.
my wagon has a lot of function. no problem navigating any parking lots at all. yeah i go slower but your "go fast" moto sounds more rice then a low and clean look. so if you wanna get tickets for going fast and being "noticeable" then go for it. i just wanna cruise and look clean. rice is body kits and loud ass exhausts etc etc.
and anything that is turbo'd that started as N/A = unreliable(TO ME). i have my sr20det vert and no problems at all while all my KA-T buddies are blowing up there cars left and right. im on my 2nd sr20 in 7 years....reliable due to factory turbo.
and oversteer in a wagon?! c'mon its a wagon! sorry but i didnt get hostile on anyones post i just said i dont see why people turbo there wagons thats all. sorry for the long post but in the end i love most all wagons on here except for the TRUELY ricey ones.
... so built and reliable was the only option.
he explains it best^^

i dont want to start s*** but i didnt bash anyone and dont see why the "negative" type response towards my car or style.

Last edited:
Back