ICE RACING - Sunday March 1st

chuyler1

goes to eleven
:
2013 CX-9
Lookin good for ice racing on Sunday. Are people still interested?

Boston Chapter Ice Racing Bulletin for February 25, 2009

Oh ye of little faith! We expect to be Ice Racing this Sunday, March 1st! We are rarely ever completely definitive before Saturday morning, so watch for the Saturday Bulletin to be certain. However, it is looking very, very good! PLEASE take note of the very IMPORTANT messages below!

We will be Ice Racing at the Ledges Condominiums. Use the "Directions to the OLD traditional Newfound Lake Site"!!!
DON'T go to Newfound Grocery!
http://www.boston-bmwcca.org/<wbr>eventdescription/2009/ice-<wbr>racing-newfound.aspx

For those that have Pre-Registered without providing complete vehicle or tire information, I urge you to log in at the website and update your information. If you filled in "Blizzak" instead of "Blizzak WS-50" for example, not only do you individually take up an extra 5-15 minutes of my time, but you may end up being Classed incorrectly or being REQUIRED TO PAY AN ADDITIONAL FEE at the event. In order for me to Class everyone appropriately, I need complete and accurate vehicle, tire, and driver information. I do understand that you may truly not know some of the information, but if the answer is available to you, please provide it to me -- the car being outside in the dark, or in the shop is NOT an excuse. Also NOTE that I will be LOCKING the system on Friday, at which point you will no longer be able to correct your erroneous ways ... Thanks!

Pre-Registration via the website is REQUIRED PRIOR to attending an Ice Race. How to Pre-Register is on the website if you look around a bit, as are all the rules. PLEASE start there before e-mailing me.
http://www.boston-bmwcca.org/<wbr>events/ultimate-calendarView.<wbr>aspx?EventID=413

Ice Races are tentative events with a fluctuating schedule so always check the Ice Racing Bulletin in your e-mail or on the Boston Chapter BMW CCA website before heading to an event. Use the dropdown menu to select the Ice Racing Bullletin.
http://www.boston-bmwcca.org/<wbr>events/Past_Email_Bulletins.<wbr>aspx

See you on the ice!

Stan Jackson Jr.
Boston Chapter BMW CCA
Ice Racing Coordinator

Ice racing is always tentative. The final decision will be made on Saturday so check back before heading out Sunday morning.

So are we doing this?? Looks like it's about an hour and 15 mins from the liquor outlet and we need to be there from 745 to 9am.

From today's email it's at the old location

I'm not going to make it this week. I've got to get some stuff done tomorrow. If they have it again some other week I should be able to make it.

AFAIK, Oleg was gung-ho about going. Give him a buzz if you still want to go.

Whoa, what happened? Bruce, why didn't you go? Sorry that I didn't post in the thread, I'll make sure I do that next time around. You can always give me a call or text me to double check.

I had a party to go to Sat night and didn't have a chance to get online when I got home. James and I went.

It was superslick... very slick.. and very hard snow banks. Bumpers were torn off. Not mine. But those were not generous snow banks, you had to be real careful not to plow into them. The worst conditions I've been in. I've been when it's been glare super-slick ice before, but there were no snow banks.

Anyways, I got some pictures uploading. It was a good time, even despite the shittay conditions.

Here are the pictures!. Two action shots from the gallery:

web.jpg

web.jpg

Last edited:
WOOT!

web.jpg

I'm kinda glad I didn't go after hearing about people losing bumpers. The fun part about last year was that there was no risk of damage.

Looks like the course was a little more complex though, what was the layout?

Hard to describe the layout, some sweepers, some S turns, some hard lefts, nothing too complicated.

Oops!

483645918_7jCgN-L-1.jpg

looks good.....they doing it next weekend? I need to get the pacifica up there!

-R

No Worries Oleg. I didn't think anyone was going. Got to sleep in. 1st time since Xmas. Worked in the garage. I think I agree with Chris, sounds like it was a good one to miss.

Back