Clutches

Rhean

I am lookin for an exedy stage 1 clutch. I am getting a price of $330... I want to know if i can get anything better.

im looking for the same thing. im also looking for a fidanza flywheel anyone know where the cheapest place is????

i herd good things about this clutch which is why i have descide to buy it. supposally it could handle 300ft/lbs.

i herd good things about this clutch which is why i have descide to buy it. supposally it could handle 300ft/lbs.

i considered upgrading my clutch to a stage one,

then i realized my car wont ever make close to 300 ft/lbs.

my suggestion is save the money, and get the exedy OEM replacement, w/ the lightened flywheel.

I have a factory Protege5 (03') with 30K miles on her. she is in great shape. I can get pics if wanted.

I will get of super cheap if anyone wants it!

-R

RR racing has a Clutchmaster's stage 1 for $275 shipped. I have been using

my stage 2 for more than 45K miles still holds like new(2 years @~175hp and 1 year @~230hp).

Last edited:
I bought for P5 was a ACT Clutch kit with a Heavy Duty pressure plate, street disc, and throw out bearing $380 at Performance Center. It work perfect on my P5.

Ok guys so... let me ask you now, if i had a choice whether to go for a clutchmaster stage 1 or an excedy stage 1 clutch which would i go for... ( i am not comparing prices so it doesn't matter) but i am guessing by the price difference in both of them that the excedy stage 1 is better? just wanted to know...

Exedy stage 1 is rated for much higher power and that' what I have right now. I previously had a Clutchmasters Stage IIR for 60k miles and started slipping possibly by coinsidence at 12psi. Both are very good but unless you're going to be putting out the power it would be pointless to use an Exedy Stage 1!

Hey thanks man... so now as far as trying to put the power down....why do you say that its useless to put the exedy if i am not putting the power down...i am sorry, just trying to understand the concept..

Unless you plan on building your motor to "put the power" down, you won't need a stage 1. The Stage 1 is for guys running with more HP than stock. IE turbo

Tylor

Well mainly a OEM Exedy replacement clutch is like $170 or something compared to the Exedy Stage 1 is like $350+. The higher TQ rating is on a clutch the more harsh engagement and stiffer pressure plate is used.

Why put a 300lbs/tq clutch in a car that puts out 100lbs./tq.??

ok.. so i have a stock engine right now.. i am not too sure if i am goin to put anythin in it other than an air intake as well as an exhaust... so which clutch do you guys think i should invest in... i am just not too sure... i mean i like to have more power.. but i wud rather save the money and get a better car wit more speed...

Unless you go turbo the OEM replacement should be more than good. You're only talking about maybe 130tq. to the wheels with the most common intake header and exhaust. All clutches will list the torque they are designed for!

check out
protegegarage.com
speedcircuit.net
*************.com

Back