My 2008 Mazda 5 is on it's way to Europe/Sweden!!!

Great news! My car has arrived to Gothenburg (on the west coast of sweden) today. My dealer emailed me today. I replied to him and asked him to take some pictures and send to me. Anyway, he told me that the car looked great! I will get it as soon as they have added all my extra accessories (parking sensors, chromed rear mirrors, winter tires and some other things) and when I have robbed a bank to get the money for payment ;-).

If 'll get some pictures I'll post them right away.

My dealer emailed me yesterday and said my wife's CWP 5 is on the boat. Scheduled to arrive at Port Tacoma, WA Dec 5th and to the dealer Jan 10th.

Here it is! Still in its "travelling clothes" but my heart is beating a little bit faster now.

Attachments

• front_1.jpg
    front_1.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 776
  • side_1.jpg
    side_1.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 786
  • dashboard.jpg
    dashboard.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 879
  • interiour_1.jpg
    interiour_1.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 787
She's a beauty Swede! Thanks for the pic of the IP. I was wondering what the non-NAV would look like.

BTW, my salesman emailed me yesterday and said that the 2008 brochures are in!

Here it is! Still in its "travelling clothes" but my heart is beating a little bit faster now.

Awesome!!! Early Merry Christmas!!!

6MT+Gas. Now I can just say that we officially envy you across the pond ;) :D

attachment.php

Awesome!!! Early Merry Christmas!!!

6MT+Gas. Now I can just say that we officially envy you across the pond ;) :D

attachment.php

Sorry that I make you jealous, but you have other things that we don't. I would love to have a sunroof but that isn't available in sweden (had it on my 626 V6 a couple of years ago). You also have the 2.3L engine. We have to be satisfied with the 1.8L (115 hp) and 2.0L (147 hp) petrol engines (and diesel engines as well). The leather interiour costs about 12.000 swedish kronor (SEK) wich is about 2000 USD. That would be really nice to have. I believe all options are much cheaper in NA.

About the 6MT, are you shure that you don't get it in NA? The 5MT is standard but only if you chose the 1.8 litre engine here in sweden.

I will get my car next week. I'll try to take some more pictures of it then.

Getting my new car tomorrow! Found some pictures of a similar Mazda 5 Sport on the web today. Mine has chromed rear mirrors mounted and winter wheels on, otherwise it's exatly the same look as this one. When I see the pictures I don't regret I chose the copper red color at all. I wasn't to shure about it in the beginnig. But now... (headbang)

Attachments

• MAZ152-2041.jpg
    MAZ152-2041.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 731
  • MAZ152-2021.jpg
    MAZ152-2021.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 732
  • MAZ152-2061.jpg
    MAZ152-2061.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 726
  • MAZ152-2081.jpg
    MAZ152-2081.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 732
  • MAZ152-2101.jpg
    MAZ152-2101.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 740
Cool. I have been to your country before. I was able to visit Stockholm and Umea. I was in Umea most of the time though. The reason I was there was to meet my (at that time) gf's parents. Man, I love your country...everyone was soooo nice (friday)

Cool. I have been to your country before. I was able to visit Stockholm and Umea. I was in Umea most of the time though. The reason I was there was to meet my (at that time) gf's parents. Man, I love your country...everyone was soooo nice (friday)

Thank's! Nice to hear that you like Sweden so much. We do our best to be nice ;-) Stockholm is a very nice town (on the "backside" of sweden though), Ume is to far north for me. Dark 24 hours/day in the winter, on the other hand it's never dark in the summer. (Sorry for the off topic)

Have a nice day!

Took a picture driving my new Mazda 5 home from my dealer yesterday. The illuminated gauges looks great (took the picture with my mobile phone). Love the car!

Attachments

• DSC00093.JPG
    DSC00093.JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 818
Took a picture driving my new Mazda 5 home from my dealer yesterday. The illuminated gauges looks great (took the picture with my mobile phone). Love the car!

Much better than the 06-07s, I tell you.

120Km/hr is around 75MPH and I see ~3400RPM. Were you on 5th or 6th gear?

Too many detailed questions? (lol2)

Enjoy the car!

Much better than the 06-07s, I tell you.

120Km/hr is around 75MPH and I see ~3400RPM. Were you on 5th or 6th gear?

Too many detailed questions? (lol2)

Enjoy the car!

I was on 6th gear. It's only the second day with the car and I must tell you I find it lovely to drive. The 2 litre engine (147 hp) is enough for me. I had only 115 hp in my 626 so it's a great improvement there. Also it actually feels larger than my old 626. The sliding doors ar great. The car gets 10 out of 10 from me (so far...) I installed my shark fin antenna yesterday. The original antenna hit the garage door entering the garage. Pictures will come.

Last edited:
Hey Blue Swede, How is life in 6th gear? (lol2)

Well, I now drive one full time and I had the chance to check the RPMs at 75MPH. It hovers around 3500RPM so I don't see a drastic difference from yours. It may be a similar ratio as the US/Canada 5th gear so to compensate for the 2.0 vs. 2.3 engine power, fuel economy at other speeds or blah. I'm not an engine expert, so my comment may be quite flawed anyway (boom02)

Regardless, I would still love that extra gear. I'm sure the zoom-zoom driving/acceleration is much more fun with a 6th push :D

Back