ProtegeGarage's Pulley set?

I have an underdrive crank pulley and I must say it's great. Low-end torque is freed up which for an automatic is huge. I could tell the difference with it when I went up a steep hill in my old neighborhood. The car used to have to downshift from 3rd into 2nd to tackle it. No longer!

I've been on the udp for about 20k miles. No problems. I've taken a nonstop 7.5 hour trip with no coolant problems. I have an aftermarket head unit that does draw more power. The alternator has had no problem keeping my batteries charged, though. Just more noticeable headlight dimmage at idle.

I'd love to some day get the accessory pulleys too just to help free up even more hp. Some day... :)

magnumP5 said:
Out of curiousity, what exactly is contained in this pulley set? Isn't doesn't say anywhere in the description! I've already got an underdrive crank pulley but I'd like to lighten up the others as well. I'm particularly interested in a smaller oilpump pulley because if both the crank pulley and the oilpump pulley are reduced by 15% then there is no underdrive effects (read: no oil starving possibilities!)

Im 90% sure that there is no oil pump pulley on a FS-DE motor. If there is, I stand corrected. From my understanding the oil pump runs straght off the crank...not affected by pulleys.

i12drivemyMP5 said:
Cool...3 questions, Can we get either or accessory one at a time & do you have lightened as well as underdrive & what colors available?

silver, black, red and blue should be available. one accessory pulley at a time cannot be done sorry. i do not have lightened crank pulleys.

Captain KRM P5 said:
silver, black, red and blue should be available. one accessory pulley at a time cannot be done sorry. i do not have lightened crank pulleys.

Will this fit a 2000 1.8L?

this is probably a stupid question but here i go anyways.
which pulley is the one with the timing marks on them?
third mark = top dead center
mine seems to be wobbling!!!

yuppies maybe it is to big, thanks 4 da backup Flagship. what if everything was from proGarage? got a few items there on my to get list. but i do believe its the moderators job to give me a warning but thanks anyways. haha i guess my question is just a little stupid! well let me guess the answer = underdrive pulley?

no, its not. there are signature size rules on the forum. His sig takes up more than my entire page, thats not acceptable
http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=110369

Just trying to lighten things up. There's a lot to say for one picking one's battles. It's so cliche but so true, people really do need to stop being so serious. Be serious about taxes, be serious about crime, but reserve small things for personal messages with nice dispositions. Just my opinion, of course.

And yes, UDP = underdrive pulley. I bet a few people on the forum wonder what it means but do not have the balls to ask.

Last edited:
one member was banned for a day and no longer has sig privileges for refusing to change. This was like 3 years ago and he STILL doesn't have sig privileges.

So just be careful with the sig.

There are ways to display your mod info without wasting so much server resources everytime you post or anytime someone reads any threads with your posts in them. That & the fact that rules are set up here for everyone, not just some of us, might be the reason for such "harshness". Are you providing hardware for this forum? Thought not, play along like everyone else has too. Hope that wasn't to harsh, none intended. Just plain old how it is when your on someone else's forum.

just ordered mine from srmotorsports.com. cant wait to getumm. seriously a sig isnt really that important. you could just type it everytime you post. ive read some posts that take up way more than a page. i plan on donating to this forum. well back to the pulleys. well see if the help. doubt it adds any horse power but should free some up. besides the look really cool.

Back