Anyone running Rx-8 wheels??

cumadogg said:
The one with the MS6 wheels

Ooops :D. Yeah, when you posted it earlier I kept a copy of the pic to see if I could convince wife (she is the primary driver), but no luck so far...

Ill wait until I trade-in mine so I can do as I please...

That is a sweet ride you have let me tell ya...

These are the pics I have of RX8 wheels on a Mazda5, it's a Premacy because it's in Japan but we all know they're the same car. (Not my car)

p1.jpg

p1.jpg

p1.jpg

Last edited:
808mz5 said:
Did you get the rims on? (boom01)

Still have the rims sitting in the garage (dammit). Was away for a few weeks. Am currently pricing out tires (225/40R18) to fit. I will post back for sure once we have it all lined up & installed!

P2K said:
These are the pics I have of RX8 wheels on a Mazda5, it's a Premacy because it's in Japan but we all know they're the same car. (Not my car)

p1.jpg

looks to me like that V has been dropped as well?

pbdave said:
looks to me like that V has been dropped as well?
Wow... i'm debating on going with the ms6 or rx8 wheels... i have a set of the ms6 but a guy locally is selling rx8 for double what i paid for the ms6 wheels... decisions...decisions... decisions....(shocked)

808mz5 said:
Wow... i'm debating on going with the ms6 or rx8 wheels... i have a set of the ms6 but a guy locally is selling rx8 for double what i paid for the ms6 wheels... decisions...decisions... decisions....(shocked)

No Doubt, Go with the RX-8 Wheels, you wont regret it, **** MS6 wheels, they dont say anything, ugly by the way. and if you have the luck to find the RX-8 Shinka Wheels which are Gunmetal dark polish, they are the best looking freaking rims......

MS6 wheels are also 2.5lbs heavier than RX8 wheels, 1 inch narrower (18x7 vs 18x8) and a PITA to clean (all those little spaces between the 15 spokes). RX8 wheels take less than half the time.

First thing I did on my MS6 is sell off the stock wheels/tires and put on RX8 wheels. Shinka's would have been nice but I couldn't find any at the time.

RX8s look great on whatever they're on. Mazda should have saved themselves the money and put them on every car

Darn, one of the autocrossers in our area was selling a set a month ago for $400 TPMS sensors included. :(

cumadogg said:
The one with the MS6 wheels

Do you have any more pictures of your 5 with the MS6 wheels? I'm still debating on getting the rx-8 wheels. I know they are easier to clean, wider & lighter but the MS6 wheels are harder to come by and more exclusive (i think)... i have a guy willing to sell the rx-8 for a good price and need to make a decision this week. More photos will help me decide. Mahalo in advance.

coolmazda5 said:
Ooops :D. Yeah, when you posted it earlier I kept a copy of the pic to see if I could convince wife (she is the primary driver), but no luck so far...

Ill wait until I trade-in mine so I can do as I please...

That is a sweet ride you have let me tell ya...

No worries at all - thanks for the compliment. And to all that don't care for the MS6 rims - to be honest with you, they weren't my first choice. I looked all around for RX-8 rims, but couldn't find any as cheap as I got these. I have a friend that works at a local tow yard and they got a MS6 that been totaled and he gave these to me FOR FREE! I figured I couldn't beat that price!

808mz5 said:
Do you have any more pictures of your 5 with the MS6 wheels? I'm still debating on getting the rx-8 wheels. I know they are easier to clean, wider & lighter but the MS6 wheels are harder to come by and more exclusive (i think)... i have a guy willing to sell the rx-8 for a good price and need to make a decision this week. More photos will help me decide. Mahalo in advance.

Nevermind the e-mail I sent you, figured I'd just post them here:

Before:

IMG_0938.jpg

IMG_0940.jpg

After:

IMG_1032_1.jpg

IMG_1033.jpg

IMG_1034.jpg

Back