What offset do I need?

andyfatsax

:
Mazdaspeed3
I want 17x7 - rims - going to run 205 tires but need to know the offset. With the 47 offset from my P5 work?

Tirerack hasn't always been the best place for my wheel fitment solutions in regards to high offset mazdas. however with this chasis in 7" i think you can do a standard +40. I have yet to get one into the shop to measure it out but my friend's sister just bought one. It is a sedan however.

YOUR P5 WHEELS WILL WORK DEFINITELY.

Rishie

ARD MP5 said:
Tirerack hasn't always been the best place for my wheel fitment solutions in regards to high offset mazdas. however with this chasis in 7" i think you can do a standard +40. I have yet to get one into the shop to measure it out but my friend's sister just bought one. It is a sedan however.

YOUR P5 WHEELS WILL WORK DEFINITELY.

Rishie

48 offset is ideal and a 45 offset will work too. With a drop on that 40 offset you might rub as the tires will be pushed further out than stock.

Now with the 225/45/17 how much room do you have between the tire sidewall and the inside of the fender in the rear?

Also, history has shown that wagons have a different wheel fitment than sedans, do you know if this is true in the Mazda3?

I'm gonna create a new post with these questions after it's all been answered. I think here would be a good place to walk thru the basic steps of creating an ideal fitment as well as the tolerance for standard fitments.

Rishie

Last edited:
Back