Protege Alarm / Starter / Turbo Timer Wire Colors

1sty

Contributor
:
2006 Toyota Tundra DC
UPDATED!!!
Wire locations pics and a clutch bypass relay diagram has been added.

Wire Codes for All 2001 and up Proteges
- including sedan, MP3, MSP, and P5:

Function, Color, POL, Location

12 Volt, black/white or black, +, Ignition Harness
Starter, black/blue, +, Ignition Harness
Ignition, blue, +, Ignintion Harness
2nd Ignition, black/red, +, Ignition Harness
Accessory, black/white, +, Ignition Harness
Power Lock, lt. green/red, -, Module high in driver kick panel
Power Unlock, same wire as lock
- This is a one wire door lock system. Two signle pole,double through Relays are needed. The diagram is below. Lock requires a 1.5K ohm resistor.

resistor%20setup%20for%20lock%20unlock.jpg

Lock Motor, red, N/A, door lock relay left of brake pedal
Unlock motor, blue, NA, door lock relay left of brake pedal
Disarm Defeat, red/black--------------, N/A, door lock relay left of brake pedal
Parking Lights +, lt. green black, N/A, drivers kick panel(never found) or under dash in a large harness (picture below)
Parking Lights -, brown, N/A, Head Light switch
Headlights, red/yellow, -, headlight switch
Door Trigger, black/blue, -, drivers kick panel
Dome Supervision, use door trigger
Trunk / Hatch Pin, red/green, -, at light in trunk
Factory Alarm Arm, N/A
Factory Alarm Disarm, N/A
Tachometer, purple/white, N/A, Diagnostic Connector in driver side rear corner of the engine compartment also on ECM pin 48
Speed Sensor aka VSS, orange or green/red (Confirmed as violet/red on a 2003 P5 by shareef777) , N/A, pin 58 on ECM
Brake Wire, green/yellow, +, brake switch
Horn Trigger, black/red, -, Steering Column
Wipers, blue/white(L) or blue/red(H), +, steering column
LF Window Up/Down, red/black - yellow/green, A, Drivers door switch
RF Window Up/Down, green/white - lt. green/black, A, Drivers door switch or kick panel
LR Window Up/Down, red/green - yellow/red, A, Drivers door switch or kick panel
RR Window Up/Down, blue/white - green/red, A, Drivers door switch

For Standards!

Neutral safety trigger, pink green, - (while in neutral), Under battery tray from transmission.
- Its actualy in a two wire harness attached to a bracket that is on the transmission. However, the battery must be removed to have working room to get to the neutral safety wire.

Clutch Bypass Realy Wiring for DEi alarm/remote starters:
note: There are 2 clutch switch harnesses. Use the 12 gauge wires from the back of the clutch pedal, not the small wire from the front harness.
Clutch%20Bypass.JPG

Wire Locations:

Door Trigger
http://www.msprotege.com/members/1sty/remote%20starter/Door%20trigger.JPG

Ignition Harness
http://www.msprotege.com/members/1sty/remote%20starter/ignition%20harness.JPG

Lock Wire
http://www.msprotege.com/members/1sty/remote%20starter/Lcok%20Wire.JPG

Parking Lights Wire
http://www.msprotege.com/members/1sty/remote%20starter/Parking%20Light%20wire.JPG

Tach Wire
http://www.msprotege.com/members/1sty/remote%20starter/Tach.JPG

Link to Turbo timer install "How To"
- Credit to Orangeappeal for this gents!
- Turbo Timer How To

Wire colors for all cars
http://www.bulldogsecurity.com
These guys have a good list of alot of cars wire colors.
Always verify the colors with a mutimeter!

Last edited:
Hey thanks for the post! I made it in to a Note Pad documnet so it is easier to download hear it is. Since I code not insert picture you just have to copy it. I tried a word document but I could not upload it.;)

Attachments

• wiring codes.txt
    1.7 KB · Views: 1,615
Hey I found this one also durung a search looks to be the same or close to.

Attachments

• pro5[1].txt
    3.3 KB · Views: 1,364
neutral trigger wire alarm installation

With the help of this board, I found the much needed neutral trigger wire on my P5.. so I wired up my alarm to use it. I drew a diagram incase anyone else was wondering how to do this. Someone with a better education in electronics might want to double check this as the best method of doing remote start with the neutral trigger wire. This is the way I have mine wired and it works great. Also it might be a good idea to add the neutral trigger wire location and picture that was on another post to this sticky.

Attachments

• neutral trigger wire.gif
    neutral trigger wire.gif
    11.3 KB · Views: 6,262
ELE, did you try a single relay. just wondering if just interrupting the starter wire is enough.

1st MP3 in NH said:
ELE, did you try a single relay. just wondering if just interrupting the starter wire is enough.

I did try it and it would get the job done, but I wanted a system that didnt even give power to IGN when the car is in gear. It would work with a single relay on the starter but you would have power running to the IGN and whatever else is on that circuit until it gives up on remote start.

I wired my radio and sub to the IGN so that my car also turns on the radio when the car starts. Thats just the way I had to do it on my alarm to make that come on with the engine. If I had just a single relay on the starter, my radio and amp would turn on with the IGN and that would drain the battery until it decides to give up on starting.

It is always an option to have just on relay, if you dont mind the IGN being powered when the car is in gear during remote start. The diagram I posted earlier just shows the way I wired it.

What was the wire color and location of the nuetral safety?

ELEmental59437 said:

Do i really need to direct you to the search feature? (just kidding)

Whouldn't have to if you'd have posted in the right forum in the first place. :D

first of all, thanks for the post of all the wiring codes. I have a 2003 mp5 and wanted to install a Clifford Matrix RS3, I need the wiring codes on the Factory Arm and Factory Disarm for the factory alarm ? can someone help? please? plenty please?

The tail light, brake light, left and right turn signal wire colors at the back of the car would be a big help to anyone trying to wire up a trailer lights plug (as I am ;) )

Don

hey 1st mp3, i've been looking for the lock motor and unlock moter wires for 2 hours #$!@!#$, i' can't find them. where is that relay and what does it look like? are they're plain old blue and red, right? thanks for you help, joe in mass.

Last edited:
What's polarity A mean?

I want to wire a button to close all windows and sun roof. Actually, want my alarm to do it.

Does A mean auto? + to window up, - to window down? Has anyone done this?

Back