Blue, 01, MP3. -> Yellow, 03.5, MSP
If you got to choose again......

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

Which one you will pick this time? :D

* The SE-R Spec V does not come with Yellow in Production. Sentra Spec V is also limited in production. Though there will be more than MP3.
* The RSX above is actually the TypeR version from Japan. Which is not yet available in North America
* The GTI above is the VW 25th Anniversary GTI edition. The rim on the picture is stock rims.

[ 10-08-2001: Message edited by: OceanPark ]

Out of theose cars, if I still had the same amount of money to spend as I did on the MP3, I'd still pick the MP3. I know many people have complained about the lack of power, including myself, but otherwise this car's just too good a deal! Where on earth are you going to get a car that's so decked out (pun intended) with a really nice Kenwood system, a tripped out suspension, exhaust, Nardi steering and shifter, plus goddarn good looks, flashy colour, and LIMITED EDITION (until the new MP3 arrives, if it does) for that price?

If I had another chunk of money the RSX is tempting. It's powerful, has 'Honda' reliability, and stock looks are all right. Open to debate, but then again in a few months there will be a dozen on every street in every city!

The other two are nice as well, but the VW is pricey (though is pretty classy too) and as a personal thing I don't like Ford too much coz I used to drive a Probe GT and there were MAJOR engine problems. Yes the Probe used a Mazda MX6 engine I know.

Plus the Ford dealership that I used to go to had really poor quality service. Every time you walk in the sales guys and service guys all look at you like you murdered their moms or something! Geez...

That's my opinion. How 'bout everyone else?

Oh, and I'd not go for the Sentra (though it's powerful and also a good deal) simply because I dunno what the hell Nissan did to its front grille. It's really ugly! I even liked the normal Sentra's grille more.

I guess with that look either you love it or you hate it!

Massive props to the MP3!! :D

I agree with you MP3Ben. For limited money, I will stick with the MP3. ;)
Here is my list:
1. Protege MP3
2. SE-R Spec V
3. RSX Type-R
4. Focus SVT
5. Golf GTI

I think the Sentra is a good choose actually. Nissan make good cars! The price is very reasonable, or you might say CHEAP. My brother owns a Sentra SE/PP. I have driven few times, and the engine response very well. I have a very good impression on this car, though many people might think it looks ugly, but it seem fine to me.

The Golf GTI is definitely over priced. Yes, it is European car, but with almost 40,000CAN(on the road). There is a wide range of choose other than Golf. Finally, I found that VW is not very reliable. In a way, it is even worse than Ford.

[ 10-08-2001: Message edited by: OceanPark ]

MP3 definitely, with this price range , MP3 is the most worthy to buy. :rolleyes:

1. MP3
2. SVT
3. GTi
4. SE-r spec V
5. any RSX

i would still pic the MP3 cause i need the four doors for the kid. plus you get a stereo other cars you dont get as good a stereo. i would take the focus though. they have grown on me plus all it needs is the Jackson racing supercharger to kick some ass.

VWs are nice i like it more than the Nissan. sentra is going to take a while to grow on me. and i would never own an acura (integra or rsx) to many on the street and they dont look that good to me. escpeciall the new RSX in pics they look cool, but i finally saw one and person and it was UGLY to me. but thats all my personal opinion.

Before I got the MP3, I actually test drove the New Honda Accord(2 door), very nice but they wanted too much down. Then I test drove the new Eclipse, really nice, I would be driving that around if it wasn't for having to wait for an approval. So while I was waiting for that I drove to Mazda...there she was calling my name, it had just came off the truck. Well the rest is history.
I'll tell you what though, this weekend I saw the new Subaru, I thought it was my car for a second, same color and everything, the seats inside were almost the same too, but this guy had put turbo, a CAI, a stereo system w/two bass tubes in the trunk. He said he races his...it was nice. :)

Well, consider me traitor, but if
I could choose again i'd take a WRX!
2nd place definitely my MP3 (#748!!!)

But well - that how life is, the
gras is always greener on the other side :-/

GreetZ

for me it would be a tie between the wrx and mp3. wait it WAS a tie. i thought the wrx already came with a turbo? 14psi i beleive...am i wrong?

My choice:

#1. VW Golf. I was actually thinking about getting one becuase I figured I'd never find an MP3, I figured wrong. The 1.8T is an Audi motor that's been around for a long time, very reliable.
#2. MP3, I found one.
#3. Focus SVT. Better bang for the buck than the Nissan and Acura.
#4. Acura, I like it better than the Nissan.
#5. Nissan. They lost any hope from me when they bailed on the 300ZX.

And the Scooby WRX is turbo, 2.0 liter boxer turbo. I liked that too, but they want way to much for what you get. Those are my choices.

Actually I neglected to rate the cars in my above post, and I didn't know the Scooby was a choice!)

1. Mazda MP3 (for all the above reasons)
2. Subaru WRX (more expensive, especially with all their options, but is really easy to mod into a 350hp monster. Except for the engine, no real outstanding points though)
3. RSX Type R (nice, reliable, but too common)
4. VW GTI (European quality but pricey)
5. Sentra SE-R Spec V (cheap and powerful, but I don't like it's looks)
6. Focus SVT (Good value, but I'm not a fan of the Focus, nor Fords either)

Well, for the price, the MP3 can't be beat!

In the latest issue of Car & Driver, they had the SE-R specV go against a Neon, Jetta 1.8T, Impreza 2.5RS, and the MP3.
They rated the MP3 the best all-round car(Subaru was 2nd). All the comments I've been reading have said that if the MP3 had about 30 more HP, it would be the best buy - period! The great handling, feel, and fun-to-drive factor are it's strengths!

Can you really justify an extra $10000 CDN for the extra 80HP & AWD & heated seats of the WRX?

Just my $0.02....

see it that way: what does
a custom turbo cost?
well, and to be honest: my parents
paid my car (which in case of a WRX would
include a turbo) however if
i put a turbo in my mp3, it
will be my (damn...!) money :(

well if my parents paid for my mp3, id friggin put in a custom turbo kit, maybe some nos, i would get a better tranny, the other ass smacking engine, anything custom. but then again im paying for the car :mad: ill trade you parents :D methinks what you end up paying probably wouldnt be over 10k, good price for a modded LIMITED EDITION(so far) mazda vehicle.

Originally posted by MP3Ben:
2. Subaru WRX (more expensive, especially with all their options, but is really easy to mod into a 350hp monster. Except for the engine, no real outstanding points though)

Uuuuh, it does have AWD as well..

To be perfectly honest i would choose a 2002 BUICK REGAL, "Black" with 20' momos, SLAMM it on bags, limo tint, leather interior, and shave all emblems and door handles.

I think people would take notice, including the 5-O.. oh well next car dream.. :D

Back