McCulloh HID kits

CarbonMz3

:
CarbonFiber Mazda 3
I just got the 10000k McCulloh HID kit. I was wondering if anybody who got an aftermarket HID kit had a problem with putting back the light bulb with that metal pin reinforcer(???I don;t know what they are called, its the thing that holds down the light bulbs). Mine fits, but it kind of has a little slack. It's fine when I put the rubber housing of the headlight on, but I still don't like knowing that there is a slack.... It is leveled and doesn't move when driving, but just wanted to know if anybody else had this problem, and if you did what can solve it?? I;ll post pics later when it stops raining outside...

People who have bought other aftermarket HID conversion kits have bought large rubber grommets from their local Home Depot that solved the problem.

Pics of the rubber grommets from MajesticBlueN(TM3)'s Cardomain write up:

337094_49.jpg

Full write up here:
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/337094/3

Im interested in getting an aftermarket HID kit for my 3. Anyone know of a vendor that sells a quality product for pretty cheap? Cheapest ive seen was $225 + shipping for a 8000k kit.

looking for a 8000k kit also no greater.

Dave2521 said:
Anyone know of a vendor that sells a quality product for pretty cheap?

This is a funny statement...hehe. There is no such thing as a quality product for cheap.

Quite honestly you are better off buying a good quality HID kit for a decent price from XenonExpert.com or XenonDepot.com. You will have less issues with the quality HID kits compared to a el cheapo one.

Update on HomeDepot experience.... If you go to HomeDepot and ask for a grommet, they do not know what the hell you are talking about. I had to search the whole store for 2 hours, had a dozen people help me(including few contractors), and the best thing was this huge metal washer thingy. Grommets must not be a really big thing in GA.....

Nice! Got pics. I wouldn't mind switching from rubber grommets to a heavy duty metal washers. Please post pics. (naughty)

Sorry this thread slipped in my mind.... I'll post pics tommorow night, I gotta take some pictures of the HEAVY DUTY METAL WASHERS and more night shots.

Back