Sentra SE-R, not as impressive as they thought...

I was cruising through the Sport Compact Car web-site and saw this article at http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/archives/features/feature01_1201.jsp .

Here's a little piece of it:
A month later, our "production ready" test car showed and we immediately went to the test track. We couldn't believe it. The car was only an eyelash quicker than the prototype. It ran from 0 to 60 mph in 7.8 seconds and covered the quarter mile in 15.7 seconds at 87.4 mph.

Then it produced the most inconsistent dyno numbers we've ever seen from a stock car with a normally aspirated engine, with its peak horsepower and torque figures varying as much as 3.3 hp and 6.9 lb-ft between runs. Because of this sporadic behavior, we took an average of all the runs we recorded. The production engine produces 141 hp and 150 lb-ft of torque. That's 1 hp and 3 lb-ft less than the prototype.

The whole article was enlightening. The sticker has dropped a lot also.

I'm glad they decided to frop the sticker price , but the could have easily set the sticker at $18,900. I'm sure they'll sell pretty well, I just hopre the yello Spec-V is a limited production color. I'd hate to see other people in yellow 4-doors like mine. People already mistaken my car for the Lancer.

From what I've read, the yellow isn't even going to be available on the Spec V. It was a prototype/concept thing only...

That sucks cause the 2001 sentra Se can hit 60mph in 7.86sec with 145hp. The 2002 Sentra Se-r spec v hits 60mph in 7.8sec 175hp. "wow Big difference in 60mph with the gain of 30 hp and 34 tq a 6thousand tenths I guess the 93-94 Sentra Se-R still holds the record for 0-60 runs as of sentra.net at 0-60mph in 7.4sec @15.3 car and driver at 0-60mph in 7.6sec @15.6

Something is not right here...when u look at the specs on paper for the spec v and what it actually does...doesn't make sense...

...SCC found huge power losses in the drivetrain...? Comon nissan, get it togther...the more competition honda has the better! Must admit...the spec V is CHEAP!

Back