MP3 Carbon Fiber Hood

Hey people,

I was talking to MHP about there intake and they mentioned they were looking into making carbon fiber hoods for the MP3/Pro5.

What do you guys think about this?? Let me know.

If it's made from the original I'd say yes.

I'd be interested if they do! Wow I'm running out of $$$ to allocate to the various "possible" mods I will do to the car...everything's up in the air because I'm waiting for replies from many shops, but if and when all the parts come in, I'll be eating Mc Donald's for a long time... :D

i would love a OEM looking carbon hood, i just dont have the money right now. which sucks. it will be awhile before i have the mnoney

If you are really interested in getting the cf hood, contact MHP through their website.

www.mhptuning.com

They said they'll take care of everything. And it's supposed to be top quality and fit like the OEM hood :cool:

somebody elighten me, how does a carbon fiber hood helps you in anything performance related?

i say lets ask them for some headers and a cat back, thats something we really need for performance.

Well, one way to look at a carbon fiber hood from a performance perspective is that it's really lightweight, and less weight means faster acceleration. I don't know what's the weight differences between a stock hood and a carbon one, but I wouldn't be surprised if you save something like 50 lbs. It's not a lot, but if you're really hardcore, adding a bunch of lightweight mods together can equal the performance results from an intake or an exhaust. Speaking of which, I want headers too! :p

Bang for buck I wouldn't say it's the best for performance, but it's something people can look into when trying to squeeze that last drop of acceleration from the car. My two cents! :D

nah, i guess it can help but i would prefer mhp to go for other more performance related parts first, like the headers and catback, then, we can think of the hood. So in other words the big deal with carbon fiber is that it weighs less? so i got a CAI that weighs less than yer average CAI... i guess hooray for me :D but what i really want is to be preparing the mp3 to be in good shape when a good turbo comes available.

I see your point, and actually I agree...too bad the emissions laws around where I am would probably prevent my from getting a header that removes the cat on the downpipe. I wonder if I could still pass? ;)

Aside from that I suppose you can wait for the turbo, or do cams/pistons, like what I am planning.

As for the lightweight thing, it's always a plus...but pricey.

Yep, saves weight. Plus it looks sweet. The black cf in the middle of laser blue mica. It'll look good on the Yellow cars to, the contrast.

But, it's all about the weight...

One more thing. Carbon Fiber also dissipates heat alot better thn your normal hood will. I'm not sure exactly where this would help us MP3 owners, but if you're one of the few people who is persuing a turbo, it just may matter to you. Just my .02 cents

I talked to MHP they sad that if they get 10 orders or more they gona start making MP3 Carbon Fiber Hood :D so sing up pepz
blue.gif

I WANT A CF HOOD....BUT IT HAS TO HAVE THE HOOD SCOOP OR HOOD VENTS.....I AM DEFINATLEY DOWN.....BUT WHAT IS THE PRICE????

Total price is supposed to be about $600, about $475 for the hood and about $125 for shipping in the U.S.

If you live near another MP3/Pro5 owner, it might be cheaper in shipping if the hoods are sent together.

Back