:
Ti. Grey Mazda3 GT GFX
Grabbed this from MazCan's forum:

2006 Mazda5 GS includes:

5-Speed Manual Transmission
2.3L 4 cylinder inline engine with 157 hp and 148 lb./ft of torque
16" Alloy wheels
All-season 205/55 R16 tires
ABS with Electronic Brake Force Distribution (EBD)
Brake assist
4-wheel disc brakes
Front and rear stabilizer bars
Power windows, locks, and mirrors
AM/FM/CD player with 4 speakers
Body coloured bumpers and door handles
Tilt & telescopic steering wheel
Side marker lights
Adjustable driver's seat with lumbar support
Smart air bags
Engine immobilizer theft deterrent system
Microfilter
3rd row flexible seating with 50:50 fold-down split
Steering-wheel mounted audio controls
Cold spec package
Keyless entry
Front rain sensor wipers
Jacknife key
Sporty side sills

2006 Mazda5 GT includes:

GS equipment plus:

17" Alloy wheels
All-season 205/50 R17 tires
Power Moonroof
Side & Curtain Air Bags
Sporty Fog lights
6 Speakers (vs. 4 speakers)
Leather steering wheel
Burglar alarm system
Easy close sliding door system
Cruise control
Center row, fold-out table/cargo bin
Heated body coloured door mirrors
Rear roof spoiler

Optional Equipment on both models
4AT w/ sport mode
A/C w/ climate control

Starting price $19,995 for GS model

ac is optional?? the gt package sounds right up my alley. What I dont get is why they'd make a heavier bigger car with less power. They should be bumping the power up on the 5 a little....somewhere in the 180bhp range.

A/C is optional primarily to give the models a better starting price, and yet everyone knows virtually everyone will be ordering it. Also note that automatic climate control is packaged with the A/C, so they'll probably charge something like $1,300cdn for the A/C + ACC package (for pretty good profit). Personally, I predict heavy incentives (and inventives appearing soon after launch) on the Mazda5, and even more in the US.

Thats just over $16,000 US for the GS? That is pretty good, I mean - this thing is relatively well equipped as it is.

The GT does sound better though... I did not know that "Side & Curtain Air Bags" was an option, thought it was standard... so thats the trim I'd be looking at for sure...

Last edited:
bummer, no DSC

Fortunately, I'm not in a rush to buy, so maybe MY 2007.

I thought that AC was optional on a lot of cars in Canada, but what do I know? Easy closing sliding doors? What are those? not the power doors on the Premacy, I take it.

The GS isn't as well equipped as the US Sport trim, I think that side airbags, 17" wheels will be standard, and starting price will be about $18k from prior press releases.

I think that the Mazda5 won't need incentives if gas prices are high this summer, given the trend towards increased sales of smaller SUV's and minivans from last summer carries over.

rookie said:
The GT does sound better though... I did not know that "Side & Curtain Air Bags" was an option, thought it was standard... so thats the trim I'd be looking at for sure...

Canadian packaging (and therefore pricepoints) is different to US. There's another thread here with a small US brochure so US folks should look to that in regards to packaging (both A/C and SAB/curtains are standard on lowest trim in US)

Super Matty P said:
ac is optional?? the gt package sounds right up my alley. What I dont get is why they'd make a heavier bigger car with less power. They should be bumping the power up on the 5 a little....somewhere in the 180bhp range.

They have a more aggressive gear ratio in the Mazda 5 which will help a little with acceleration.

wongpres said:
Canadian packaging (and therefore pricepoints) is different to US. There's another thread here with a small US brochure so US folks should look to that in regards to packaging (both A/C and SAB/curtains are standard on lowest trim in US)

Ah, kewl, that had me confused as I read it before too. Thanks!

Full Canadian pricing:

[font=Arial, Helvetica]GS
2.3L 5MT $19,995
2.3L 5MT A/C w/Auto Climate $21,095
2.3L 4AT $20,995
2.3L 4AT A/C w/Auto Climate $22,095

GT
2.3L 5MT $22,795
2.3L 5MT A/C w/ Auto Climate $23,895
2.3L 4AT $23,795
2.3L 4AT A/C w/ Auto Climate $24,895

Unfortunately, while the Mazda3 & 6 2.3l autos are moving to 5-speed for '06 the Mazda5 (who needs it the most) retains the 4-speed AT. This applies to all markets and is just ridiculous in my opinion, unless there's some technical reason why it can't be used (in which case, it should have been designed for the Mazda5 in the first place).
[/font]

Even if I have to pay sticker to get it right away, I hope the dealer will allow me to negotiate in some free extras... maybe a MP3-capable stereo or a roof rack... step guards for the sliding doors...

Back