Satalite Radio????

big_ben

Contributor
Ok, since this isn't getting any response in the sound section I'll bring it up here. Does anyone know how the Sirius Sat. radio is going to start or how it will work? The only thing I've read, and I don't remember where, is that it will start broadcasting around the beginning of 2002. Since we already have the 3 band radio(AM/FM/SAT), how much will it cost? Also, how will they turn it on? Is it like a cell phone where they activate it with some sort of a radio signal? Does anyone know? :confused:

Oh yeah, I saw a picture of the Z919 int the Mazda magazine "Zoom Zoom", they sent for buying the car. There was a pic of the 919 radio, you guys with that one got ripped. I would be pissed too. The display is way different than the 828! :eek:

I got e-mail from sirrus and they say it will start broadcasting early next year. as far as prices they don't know yet. and yes is activated as a cell signal so they say. as for me i really don't care why pay for music mwhen u have morpheus!!!!!!!!! :p :p

"Zoom Zoom Zoom"

pay for radio? I'd like to meet the people who are going to try to market that one!

But you have to realize that buy hardware for a system that isn't even offered yet is crazy. When this satelite radio comes out and becomes popular there will be new features that the kenwood doesn't have. So you will probably want to get a new deck anyway if you want to do the satelight radio. Plus it probably won't be popular for a few years and by then we will be bored with our stereos.

Tim

Back