Couple of pics from Japan

Antoine

Administrator
I was at the Osaka Automesse this weekend...it's a big tuner car show similar to the Tokyo Auto Salon...snapped a couple pics of Mazda5's at the Mazda display...one of the is a bit fuzzy because too many damn people were crowding around for the MS6 presentation...enjoy :)

IMG_0868%20(Medium).jpg

LOokin GoOd! ;)
IMG_0879%20(Medium).jpg

Antoine said:
Good point!

Brings perfect symmetry to the term "mini van" because that's basically what it is. A small, functional van except Mazda brings you a sportier drive and a lot more design coherence.

You don't have to be a soccer mom to appreciate the Mazda5. In fact, I wish the Mazda5 was becoming the trend amongst the "mother" population instead of SUVs. I for one, am sick and tired of all these SUVs except for the smaller ones which are much more functional if you ask me.

This is the exact reason why I like the Mazda5 because it gives you the functionality of a van, but delivers it in a different kind of package. I hope that other car companies decide to take this ploy from Mazda and start pushing something less top heavy, more fuel efficient, and lower cost.

from the second pic kinda looks like a slightly bigger matrix, i will stick with my P5, not a big fan of the M5 or the MS6

Last edited:
WookieOnRitalin said:
Brings perfect symmetry to the term "mini van" because that's basically what it is. A small, functional van except Mazda brings you a sportier drive and a lot more design coherence.

You don't have to be a soccer mom to appreciate the Mazda5. In fact, I wish the Mazda5 was becoming the trend amongst the "mother" population instead of SUVs. I for one, am sick and tired of all these SUVs except for the smaller ones which are much more functional if you ask me.

This is the exact reason why I like the Mazda5 because it gives you the functionality of a van, but delivers it in a different kind of package. I hope that other car companies decide to take this ploy from Mazda and start pushing something less top heavy, more fuel efficient, and lower cost.

Well said...I agree

This is the North American version of the Premacy. Europe gets it badged as Mazda 5 as well. Of course, Europe and Japan don't get those terrible clear silver tail lights.

perfecto said:
This is the North American version of the Premacy. Europe gets it badged as Mazda 5 as well. Of course, Europe and Japan don't get those terrible clear silver tail lights.
Yes they do. The difference is they get a choice of whether or not to buy the sports package, whereas all the N. American Mazda5's come with the sporty pieces as standard.

But I agree with you, I'm not a fan of the clears on the Mazda5, and many others have also said it. I even mentioned to Mazda what they should have done (make it black/tinted, similar in nature to the Mazda3 or refreshened Mazda6 taillights).

wongpres said:
Yes they do. The difference is they get a choice of whether or not to buy the sports package, whereas all the N. American Mazda5's come with the sporty pieces as standard.

But I agree with you, I'm not a fan of the clears on the Mazda5, and many others have also said it. I even mentioned to Mazda what they should have done (make it black/tinted, similar in nature to the Mazda3 or refreshened Mazda6 taillights).

yes here in Europe we have the option by selecting the grade but we can buy it has an option too

I think if you want you can get them there also by option

In Europe all the 6s had the clear/silver altezas, at least the two hundred I saw. They looked like s*** on most of the colors.

Velocifero said:
In Europe all the 6s had the clear/silver altezas, at least the two hundred I saw. They looked like s*** on most of the colors.

yes the 6 only came in clear/silver
much people don't like it because of that

but in the 3 there's a choice

Back