A Color to paint the GALLIPERS that would be nice!!@!# ???

i was trying to find a color to paint my galliper...but icant think of a color that would look nice without been too flashy..
yellow...nah...too...euh...yellow

is there any color? maybe red? green..lol?blue? nah.. I THINK I LEFT THEM GREY HAS THEY ARE!!!! :D

what u guys think?

I painted mine red and it looks really good. Make sure you use high temp paint though. They will also need two or three coats. :D

Yeah, I did mine in red too, looks sharp. But as mentioned by Ben in last post, use high temp paint and apply at least two coats. Took about 3 hours total time with allowing paint to dry and all. I split it up into two weekends to do it, so I drove aound with only one side painted for a week.

Blue Mp3...I'm getting mine done in yellow(yes yellow) but that's to match what's underneath my hood, I repaced all the hoses with yellow ones and the other hoses covered them with yellow tubing. Looks Sweeeet!

PICS!!!! :)

Here is a pic of a blue/yellow setup if you want to see what it looks like.

montrealracing.jpg

Hey just a question for you guys, do you know if the torque down specs are the same for the MP3 and protege5 calipers? I think they have diffrent breaks.....

how did you guys paint these?
tire off and then paint on - then tire
back on?!?
and what kind of paint, where can i get it and how much does it cost?

THANKS SOOOOOO MUCH

GreetZ

I'm getting mine painted next week, they take the tire and the calipers off(so they don't get paint on anything else) It's going to be $75.00.

MazdaMP,
You can get the high temp paint from any wal-mart. It's about $3.00. It's in the auto section, it is engine block paint, it's good up to I think 500 degrees. You don't have to go on the net and waste your money on "caliper" paint. This is the same stuff. By the way, rate me, I feel naked without any stars. Thanks. :)

I painted mine yellow! Looks tight! I even sprung for the caliper paint. The stuff at Wal-Mart IS NOT THE SAME! THe stuff at Wal-mart is cheap high temp paint. very thing. Caliper paint is Higher Temp paint that is resistant to heat as well as chemicals, if you use brake cleaner on the cheap paint it'll wipe off. The caliper paint has a reactor to add and the paint becomes thick, almost gel like, it fills in the rough parts of the caliper leaving a smooth polished look. I'd spring for the caliper paint. Do it right!

Hi
anyone know a place in the houston area (or some nationwide chain like NTB) that paints me these things? and an idea about the price to "do it right"?
Thanks

Hey folks,

When I had my Focus and was gonna fix it up, I saw a picture of a focus with the calipers dipped in chrome. It looked bad ass! :cool: Just a thought, but I wonder how much it would cost?

Originally posted by 311mazda:
<STRONG>Hey just a question for you guys, do you know if the torque down specs are the same for the MP3 and protege5 calipers? I think they have diffrent breaks.....</STRONG>

Well first of all its spelled "brakes", and as for your question, the MP3 is the same car as the Protege5 and Protege sedan, thus the torque specs are the same.

Everybody has his opinion on this... I've done this for a show I still don't know if I am gonna keep it that way...

Back