Eibach Sportline install

Gambino

:
2007 Nissan 350z
Hey guys. I am going to order the eibach sportline lowering springs for my 05 3s. Has anyone installed their own lowering springs on the 3? is it fairly simple? I have never done it and want to. thanks

Do a search. The information is here (I know because I've posted it recently). (thumb)

k, thanks. Mainly i want to know though, is this a job that i should trust myself to having never done it before? or should i just play it safe and have a shop do it?

You ever change a set of macpherson struts before? If you have, this is a snap. If you haven't, it's do-able. If you have any kind of mechanical ability, you should be able to get it done. There's no special tricks or anything, just make sure the parts go on in the exact order and the exact orientation as they came off.

Diy

I did mine like two or three weeks ago and I wouldn't say that it's very easy, but it definitely took some time. I had myself and 3 other friends helping me. Just be carefull when you take the front strut off to make sure that the top peice that sits on the top of the strut and bolts from under the hood, make sure that doesn't come apart cause it is filled with about 50 or 60 tiny ball bearings. I was compressing one of the springs and it happened to come off, luckily I found all the bearings. Be careful.

Good luck,

Back