Must...Kill...Mazda...

Puccio

Pardon my french but you gotta be f*ckin kidding me. On protegetech.com they are saying the MP3 will be made again in 2002 and 2003 with some adjustments. I swear if mazda does that they are gonna have alot of angry people calling up them and bitching them out. I'll be one of them.

Originally posted by Puccio:
<STRONG>Pardon my french but you gotta be f*ckin kidding me. On protegetech.com they are saying the MP3 will be made again in 2002 and 2003 with some adjustments. I swear if mazda does that they are gonna have alot of angry people calling up them and bitching them out. I'll be one of them.</STRONG>

when i went today to sign some papers for my mp3 that just came in, he brought up that site and said that mazda and racing beat have not announced anything. Remember just because its on the internet doesnt make it true ;)

True, true. However, it's protegetech. They're pretty reliable. Let's just hope they are wrong this time.

Don't worry about protegetech...the MP3's real home is here at MazdaMP3.com

And unfortunately I've been hearing the MP3 is a 1 time deal....only 2001...I hope not...will update everyone if we get a confirmation....if someone else knows FOR SURE let everyone know! :eek:

Ug. The 1 time deal of the MP3 was the part that sold me on it. If they go back on that I'd be upset.

[ 10-05-2001: Message edited by: Puccio ]

if i were any of you all, id just wait for MAZDA to say something, and not listen to these rumors just yet.

The Mazda had confirmed there will be no MP3 model on year 2002! But there is no promises on 2003........ :confused: we'll see....

Let's take it this way, if there will be a supercharged/turbo MP3 on 2003, most likely those parts would bolt into ours too. Isn't that great if we could upgrade our MP3? I wouldn't mind if the MP3 is back in 2003, as long as they don't get the same color as we do.

That's the way I see it Oceanpark...

And if Mazda does make another one, I'd be willing to bet they would follow the same way the Miata M Edition and Special Edition cars went by having different colors each model year to make the cars different.

Some magazines have hinted that the Protege MP3 was just the beginning of "MP3" style cars from Mazda. Miata MP3 would be nice, or even an RX-8 MP3?

Yeah, as long as there is something that could remark our mp3 as the 1st gen, that would be fine to me.

i heard from my dealer that mazda is going to be making special editions of its other models...they won't be known as an mp3, but an mps (mazda performance series), thats why some sites call our car the protege mps

i also read that they will be making a 2002 model on protegetech.com ill be very pissed. i've read in my newest auto week about a new 626 callled a mazda6 with a aluminium 2.3 four with 150hp. it looks really good too.

i also read that they will be making a 2002 model on protegetech.com ill be very pissed. i've read in my newest auto week about a new 626 callled a mazda6 with a aluminium 2.3 four with 150hp. it looks really good too.

I've seen Pictures of a prototype 626 w/turbocharged engine and gobbs of power that may be the next MPS car, I have also heard that a MPV minivan MPS will be coming out with lots of toys.
Judging on how long it takes to design a car, I'm sure there were a lot of ideas flying around about what is going to happen in the future. I think mazda took it on the chin with the mp3 because of the need for more power. If you figure that mazda will do a MPS car or 2 for each model year, then say hypothetically that the 2002 year gets a MPV minivan and a 626MPS. Then in 2003 they could do 2 more, and also the RX8. I'm sure that some guy sat through a meeting and mazda played around with different ideas. Which ones will actually make it?? who knows.. probably not even Mazda...

I guess Time will tell.

I would like to say.. Guys even if they do come out with a MP3 next year you have to rember all we got for how chaep... second of all it is still limited edition to this year. if the MP# comes really good name from all the makes in the future years it will just raise the price because they want the limited one look at the supra..... Also i think it would be too much if mazda came out with the 626 MPV and another MP# all the same year it just wouldnt sell period.

Like i said before the 626mps will come out and the 20020r2003 mp3's will come with turbo or supercharger and why not they will sell in a couple of years or next year. Well look at the ES2.0 the MP3, Rx-8, Protege5 i'm sure eveyone will enjoy what they get when they get it.

Back