Wagner V6 (6s) Performance SS Headers Available

crossbow

:
Mazda 6s
http://www.wagnermotorsports.net/headers.htm

Wagner has finished creating a set of new manifolds for the v6 Mazda 6s. They replace the precats and exhaust manifolds with a set of nice Stainless Steel shorty headers.

They do not require mil eliminators, as the Y pipe and its 2 main cats is still intact.

Horsepower gains: 15 whp
Torque gains: 12 whp

Wagner is working on designing a new y-pipe to go with the headers, which will be done in mid-late feb, and include a highflow cat. They are also working on a single exhaust system (1 muffler, 1 tip) for those looking for maximum performance and maximum weight loss at the cost of rear aesthetics.

The total weight loss for replacing the entire system is over 120 lbs...so its a pretty massive amount. (Headers and Y-pipe save 100 lbs themselves!)

Here's shots of the headers.

header1.jpg

header2.jpg

There is currently a Group Buy in effect @ 6tech.
http://forum.mazda6tech.com/viewtopic.php?t=2498&start=0

Price is 539 + 20 USD shipping.

That's a nice looking set of pipes! What happens without the pre-cats as far as emissons go? I bet that puppy will really BREATH with the entire exhaust, if it's anything like the headers :)

Btw labor to install these is about 3-4 hours...so expect to pay 300-400 in addition to have a shop install them. Its really crappy taking out the stock manifolds...but once they are out...room galore :)

is he gonna jet coat those things or at least make them look relatively nice?

No ones going to see them but you. And only the front bank at that. I don't think people who are going to purchase these are looking for visual enhacements to our plastic-clad engine bays.

Edit - Now that I go back and compare them to our current exhaust manifolds, they already look worlds better.

well that is true,b ut i figured some people may want to show their cars. kinda expensive for headers, no? ive never bought headerS only headers (if that makes sense), so i might be pulling that out my ass.

or is it that there arent that many mods availble so you take what you can get at whatever price?

There is only one other header set...which is just standard steel (not stainless), costs more, requires modification of the alternator head shield, and has less overall gains.

So market is pretty much cornered. Est time for next set of headers from DC sports or CP-E is as long as 6-12 months away.

I didn't see any O2 bungs. Are these going on later? As for the price...that's awesome. When I was buying racing headers for my SHO I didn't get those kinds of gains and I paid almost $750 for the pair.

The 6S engine is very similar to my old SHO engine so I know how well this will pick up the car. Looks real good. I cant wait to hear the sound.

Super Matty,

The first set of headers were the contour MSDS ones...slightly modified with a new y-pipe. These are the first set that are specifically designed for the 6, and not merely ported from another V6 duratec platform. Though the engines are similar between the 2.5, 3.0, and 6s 3.0 duratec...the engine bay fitment isn't.

Unfortunatly the individual taking the photos of the final headers left their camera at the shop, so I don't have the photos of the headers with the bungs. All bungs are in stock locations on the headers. I forgot to add that little blurb to the post, sorry!

crossbow said:
There is only one other header set...which is just standard steel (not stainless), costs more, requires modification of the alternator head shield, and has less overall gains.

So market is pretty much cornered. Est time for next set of headers from DC sports or CP-E is as long as 6-12 months away.

yea that sucks, and dont expect those other companies to actually come through either.

Back