Tein Coilovers

tgv121281

:
AEM C.A.I.
Guys, need some advice.....are the TEIN coilovers worth the money? They are looking at $1400, plus $350 for the interior damper controls whick seem like they are worth it(they are motors on the coilovers and are wired to a switch in the dash that allows you to control the damper from the drivers seat). I was wondering if this is a good setup, and also if the mazdaspeed coilovers are a rip off b/c they are asking 2k for them....is that price so high just b/c its from mazdaspeed? Or are they much better than the TEINs?

PS-does anyone have any of these???

PPS-this question is for a 2004 Mazda3-5door, 5speed, 2.3L engine---thanks to all!

Thanks but I'm looking for some more info before plunging in...I've heard great stuff about Tein, but I'd like to have a better idea before moving ahead on a 2k project

If all goes well I will post pics when it goes down

what ever happened to Ground-Control? They made adjustable coil overs for around $500 for most cars...their website is all screwed up now.

Tein Alternative

Sup,

If you are looking for a full coilover system, but are hesitant about TEINs... check out D2. Althought they are a new up and coming company, I truly trust their work. Amongst other things, they produce a 36 way adjustable coilover set (with camber plates). They pretty sweet. I've ridden in several different cars with the D2 suspension and was truly impressed (Civic Si, 240, Golf).vI am not knocking TEIN, they are a great corporation and make a great product, but D2 is on their level.

I will personally be installing this suspension in my car in two weeks. If I didn't trust it, I wouldn't recommend it.

For more in check out the site...If it interests you, hit me up and I can set you up with the east coast distributor. IIf you have any general questions or you want some testimonials, I can help you there also. And if you still want to go with the TEINs that's cool too.

http://www.d2racing.com/flash/

The site is still a little rough, the new one should be up soon. But the basic information is there.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
speed, thats what I was asking about earlier...I dont understand how they can be so much less than the Teins and still be just as good.....I mean if it is then great, BUT you know what they said if it sounds too good to be true...

do remember, when you buy tein, it's just like buying nike's, your buying more of the name of the company rather than the product, i will buy the walmart special, just as good when it comes to quality. and ten bucks says all the internal parts to both companies are identical and made by a 9yr old in a factory in china

thats a good point curacer...but now I just found out that they are supposedly $1350!!!!! I'm gonna get in touch w/ the site where I saw them for $925 and see whats up...if its BS and they are $1350, then I'm gonna go w/ the Tein's b/c at least the name is trusted...if they are $925 then I might just go the Walmart route!

I'll keep u guys posted

Back