Carputer in Mazda 3s

This is as good a place as any.

Welcome to the board!

Don't let the dealer see all that stuff installed. They'll have a heartastroke.

goldwing2000 said:
This is as good a place as any.

Welcome to the board!

Don't let the dealer see all that stuff installed. They'll have a heartastroke.

They cant deny a warranty claim for that can they? I mean if someone went wrong with my steering wheel controls, i wouldent expect it under warranty. But as far as engine, drivetrain, etc go....they coudlent deny that right?

If they can trace anything back to an electrical problem and you made any, I mean ANY, mods to the electrical system, they'll deny your warranty.

My car fried a $1200 body controller (PJB) and they denied me warranty service because I put a power tap in to run constant 12V to my cigarette lighter. (scratch)

as i said they can do what they want. of course i fried a headlight in my focus and ford replaced it for free..... i didn't tell them why it broke though lol.

Tonys3 said:
How are you getting the internet connection?

hotspots, unsecured networks. When parked in my driveway I am connected to my wireless network.

Funny story actually, i was visiing my sister at her apartment, I noticed the pop up say, "wireless networks avaiable". Sure enough I connect am im surfing the web. People can only afford 300 a month apartments but can dish out 50 a month just for cable internet.

In fact, i just put up some new pics, if you wanna check em out. I gots pics of my GPS mouse and wireless internet adapter installed under the dash and the wireless mouse/keyboard reciever under the center console.

the sad fact is not many places run secured networks. i mean honestly if anyone really wants to steal my bandwidth i'm not too worried about it.

mobomelter said:
the sad fact is not many places run secured networks. i mean honestly if anyone really wants to steal my bandwidth i'm not too worried about it.

i hear ya. Im not hacker so i could care less about trying to steal their files or whatver. I just wanna check my mail and such

Mac Mini In Progress

Just installed my screen for my Mini that i should get next week. 7" in-dash plus
head unit all finished. (sssh)

Rush24 said:
Just installed my screen for my Mini that i should get next week. 7" in-dash plus
head unit all finished. (sssh)

i would love to see pics man. Did you keep the stock headunit AND the screen in the dash?!

Back