exhaust?

eizzle

:
Mazda 6i
has anybody put aftermarket mufflers on their 6i? i just wondered how it came out, i want to put them on mine, but i didn't know if there was to much angle of the pipes?

It's been done plenty of times on both the 6i and 6s. If you're looking for a performance boost, you may want to save your money. If you want asthetics and sound, then great! Magnaflows go well.

well what i was thinking of doing was just getting a couple inexpensive mufflers and putting them on the stock pipes. I'm not looking for gains, just want some sound, what concerns me is the angle of the pipes, will it be to much? or will it just look like the supra mufflers, how they come out at an angle? sorry, not trying to be a pain, i just don't want to start welding and find out its going to have to be scraped!

well, i ordered to mufflers yesterday, and i am probably going to go to the exhaust shop and have them make me a couple pipes. I got under there and looked and realized i had a lot more room than what i thought.

yes alot of room and the stock mufflers are fuggin humongo! My bosals are dwarfed next to them. is the mufflers you have traditional perfomance like flowmaster, caniter like tenabe or stright thru rectangular like bosal and MF?

its the canister type, i got them off of ebay for a decent price, probably generic, but i am looking more for some sound and looks than performance gains.

make shure you have a shop keep the stock pieces case you need to go back stock ;) If you thought SRT with exhaust mods was loud...wait till you put the canisters on. Maybe you might like it..just be prepared to invest in dynamat like I did for trunk and under rear seats...

Da 6 said:
make shure you have a shop keep the stock pieces case you need to go back stock ;) If you thought SRT with exhaust mods was loud...wait till you put the canisters on. Maybe you might like it..just be prepared to invest in dynamat like I did for trunk and under rear seats...
(cool) they come with silencers. I figured i would have them in most of the time, unless i want to let the neighbors know when i am going to leave for work

Back