You can use rims w/40mm offset

richrat

:
"04" Mazda 3 Hatchback
Hello all,
I was in the process of buying new rims for myself, and asked what size I could go.

I left a thread on this site and many people told me since the stock offset is 52mm I could'n go more that 6mm differance........

Well I got some ADR rims and they have a 40mm offset and fit Perfect!!!!

Infact with a 40mm offset my stance at each wheel is almost a 1/2 wider.

The car seems to handle even better that before.......

Just an FYI for all those who are looking for actual fact and not speculation!

THERE IS NO RUBBING, AND I DON'T PLAN ON EVER LOWERING MY CAR

Attachments

• ss.jpg
    ss.jpg
    2.4 KB · Views: 776
Last edited:
a bigger image showing the fit would be nicer. also, you haven't tested if it rubs while lowered.

At the stock ride height you could put a +30 offset wheel on the car, and it probably wouldn't rub. But lower 1 inch and you'll rub if you hit a dime in the road.

Higher res photo

It is snowing in STL right now I will take more pics and post them later.....

Why are there so many critics on this site?

Lets see your rims hotshot!

I have had the rims on the car for three weeks now, and been over many bumps as well as stood on my bumper and checked to see if that would be a problem after they were installed.

I WILL NEVER LOWER MY CAR SO I GUESS THAT WON'T BE A PROBLEM

Attachments

• IMG_0034.JPG
    IMG_0034.JPG
    435.3 KB · Views: 581
Last edited:
ssinstaller said:
At the stock ride height you could put a +30 offset wheel on the car, and it probably wouldn't rub. But lower 1 inch and you'll rub if you hit a dime in the road.
(mswerd)

not saying you'll definitely rub at +40, but at stock height you probably won't rub no matter what

Nice..

have any pics from the front or rear to see the increase in stance width?

richrat said:
It is snowing in STL right now I will take more pics and post them later.....

Why are there so many critics on this site?

Lets see your rims hotshot!

I have had the rims on the car for three weeks now, and been over many bumps as well as stood on my bumper and checked to see if that would be a problem after they were installed.

I WILL NEVER LOWER MY CAR SO I GUESS THAT WON'T BE A PROBLEM

I'm not trying to be a critic, I'm just saying that a +40 offset is not a good idea if you ever inted to lower your car.

Here's a pic of my rims.
attachment.php

I have 19" wheels with a +45 offset and eibach pro kit springs.

richrat said:
Hello all,
I was in the process of buying new rims for myself, and asked what size I could go.

I left a thread on this site and many people told me since the stock offset is 52mm I could'n go more that 6mm differance........

Well I got some ADR rims and they have a 40mm offset and fit Perfect!!!!

Infact with a 40mm offset my stance at each wheel is almost a 1/2 wider.

The car seems to handle even better that before.......

Just an FYI for all those who are looking for actual fact and not speculation!

THERE IS NO RUBBING, AND I DON'T PLAN ON EVER LOWERING MY CAR

If you don't plan on lowering the car..then it's fine. No one's saying anything about you rubbing on stock height. If you did lower the car...kiss your fenders and tires goodbye

I have rims with 17 x 7 42 mm ofset, oem tires and have no problems rubbing. The car is lowered 1.5" and the tires fit perfectly in side the well. I won't be able to put a 225-45-17 on because there won't be enough room in the front. I may try a test fitment come time to get new tires but I don't think that they will fit.

Back