Clear lenses for the parking lights?

NCMP3

:
2003 RED AUDI A4
Alright with the help of a few great ppl in here we are able to swap our marker lights from amber to clear know how about those amber lenses in the headlight assembly. Any ideas. :)

The option out there is to do the P5 conversion. the only problem is the second bay for the high beam on the assembly.

My local Mazda Dealership quoted me $235 ea. for the MP5 Headlight Assembly..

Other than a Mazda dealer, is there a better place/price to get these?

I thought about this for a while, and this is my idea. It may sound illegal, and I am not saying I would do this, but if you ordered the lights from the dealer, and paid for them, go home, swap them out, and bring the Mp3 lights back in the box and tell him they sent you the wrong ones. HE HE... I wont tell.

Cool idea Tony, but I can't be that dishonest I wonder if there are any p5 owners who would want to swap? :D

Dazz what do you mean the high beam assembly aren't the front ends the same? :confused:

the mp3 is a single 9004 high/low beam headlight. the P5 uses two bays one for high and one for low. I've heard that the 9004 bulb will fit in the low bulb bay, but you still have an open bay, maybe and Hid to it, or strobe lights. up to you. you also lose the parking light on the corner, where the reflector is.

Has anyone thought of opening up the whole lanp assembly in the front. By the looks of it, the yellow corners are only reflective pieces that are stuck in there. I wonder ifits possible to remove them...anyone want to try?

Actually I am tempted to give that a shot...opening up the headlight assembly and removing the pieces I mean. My friend and I did soemthing similar to his M5, and the results are sweet! Well, he actually changed lense housings...took us a couple hours and a LOT of research. It's also dangerous coz one wrong move and *crack* $$$ for new headlamp lenses, plus a month's wait for the parts to come in, since the parts are so limited...dang!

Anyone already done this and could post a How-To? I'll be exploring it myself when I have time on the weekend, possibly...but anybody nice enough to save us a bunch of time?

from what i have heard is it lookis like sh$t with the amber piece out. they put it back in it looked so bad..... i dont remember where i saw that but it was a thread on here a month or 2 ago!!!

joka1 said:
from what i have heard is it lookis like sh$t with the amber piece out. they put it back in it looked so bad..... i dont remember where i saw that but it was a thread on here a month or 2 ago!!!

i remember that post too.

somone removed it and said there was a huge gap/hole or something that made it look ugly as hell so he stuck the amber piece back.

I opened up a extra pair of lights I had and painted them to look like the Canadian ones
fba73887.jpg

fba73e2b.jpg

fba73e24.jpg

umm... when was the date of the FIRST post of this thread? way to bring back a dead thread :rolleyes:

TheMAN said:
umm... when was the date of the FIRST post of this thread? way to bring back a dead thread :rolleyes:

Damn your right, I just started coming on this site.
Normally I'm on Protegeclub.com.

Back