Tired to wait, Whats coming next?

PERRY323

:
04 Titanium Mazda 3 GT GFX
Since many of us are bored to wait and to be handled like idiots by mazda, i wonder if any of you, like me, hesitate to cancel their deposit and wait for the next "LIMITED Edition":rolleyes: car.

I mean, we all know that 2003 is the protege last year in its actual form, does anyone have seen a pic of what it will looks like in 2004? We also know that theyll come with the all new FULL ALU 2.0 and 2.3 L (from the mazda 6) with VVT. they new 2.3 powerplant develloping 160 ponies... and who will not eat full as much as a mustang V8 like our MSP with its "decevant turbo job".....

Is that mean that in less than a year a protege who cost 30% less than our MSP will come next to us on a stop ligth and almost eat us up with the "standard" powerplant.... (futhermore they will be able to have a sunroof... :bs: )

I already hate them for their lack of information on this one... i dont want to see what it will be like when theyll put some niciest and better car than us for less money in a year...

In other words, im hesitating to keep my 2K prot for 1-2 year more and grab the new gen or go for the MSP

Perry, proud owner of a 2000 Silver protege ES:confused:

I'm not in your shoes so I'm not going to wait on the next model. My current car is within months of dying. Not only that but this MSP fits every desire I had for my first new car: Right price, agressive looks, best performace in class (handling and acceleration until the SRT-4 shows up) and a kick-ass system. Not to mention that it is a limited edition.
I can understand why some people are frustrated with the waiting but I don't understand people jumping ship. There is no other car in this class/price range that meets all these specifics. I personally feel that it is a huge mistake to pass on this car. I mean you've (and by you, i mean all of us) waited for how many months and now you're going to bail in the last month/weeks/days? That makes absolutely no sense. And yes, Mazda has been giving us the runaround, but seriously, so what? The car gets here when it gets here, it will be soon, and not a single one of us will disappointed with what the car has to offer. I think it's an even worse decision to cancel not because you don't want to wait anymore but because you want to stick it to Mazda for their handling of this situation. That will accomplish nothing, the car will sell anyway and most likely, Mazda will make more because the dealer will jack up the price on a johhny-come-lately, that and you will have no car. If you want the car, wait for it, it will be worth it.
Perry, this has nothing to do with you, I only posted here because I wanted to share my opinion on the recent happenings and doubts on the boards.

twiztedjeckel said:
get a lancer evo when it comes out. that'll be fun. AWD, turbo. better looking that the WRX

How many of us will actually be able to afford an Evo which the MSRP is rumored to be in the mid to upper $30K range. You can bet there will be substantial mark-ups on the car as well.

Stick with the MSP, it won't be much longer and like already mentioned, I don't think any of us will be disappointed with the car and its abilities.

Mark

Last edited:
anybody goes out and actually buys that friggen Neon i will personally come to each and every one of your houses and jap slap you till you bleed. i don't care if that thing runs 7's in the quarter mile. its still a domestic, even worse, its a neon.

Hehhehe twiztedjeckel nice post ;-) its just a F**KING non i know... and i wouldnt trade that even for my 2000 ES ...
But youre one of those who will understand my pain when this damn neon who cost less or the same price as my MSP will come by and leave me in a cloud of dust... how can a proud MSP owner can live with the fact that he cannot beat this bad neon ??? ;-(

For me the dilema is: do i keep my 2000 ES and get a new car in 1 or 2 year (we all know that there will be better car than a MSP) like the mp3 guys know now.... and it may even come from mazda who will feel ridiculous that they put 50hp+ less than a damn neon .. ;-((((((

PERRY323, its not all about how fast you can go in a straight line. its not even how fast you can go on a turn. who cares who you can beat from stoplight to stoplight. it is really that big of a deal? if it is, you should get the SRT-4 Neon then. dont get a MSP and whine about how eveyrone else can beat you.

if you really want to go fast, beat Neons, whatever, get a used car and mod it out. with 20,000 you can build a pretty damn fast car, if thats whats most important.

Last edited:
Im not wondering about neon men, im wondering about "INSIDE COMPETITION"... with 20000 you can buy a lot of cars, dont think that the market of sport compact car will end with the MSP at mazda. Do you think that if they plan to put their mazda 2.3L and turbo it to 225HP+ and put that into the next 2004 FOCUS SVT, do you think they will not use this engine and make a really better car than the MSP next year or the one after? Im taking the decision for 5 years. i already have a 2000 ES who have the overall same exterior look, with less handling than the MSP. if i pay 28 000 CAN for this car, and they make a really better one next year for around the same price because they dont have the choice with the high concurence on this kind of car. I can wait for it, i have just a 2 year car. I just want to know if someone have infos on whats coming next... thats the suject of the topic no???

its really hard to say what will happen to the protege. ford is cheating, IMO, using mazda engines for thier SVT Focus. what kind of crap is that. anyways, i dunno about you, but im in the market for a new car anyways, and i cant wait until 2004 or 2005. we are in different situations because you can wait, but i cannot.

PERRY323 said:
what happen with your 2002 ES ? its not yours?

its 1/2 mine. me and my mom share it now, she drives it to work during the day, and i drive it to work at night. when school starts for me again i will need a car of my own. she will take the ES and i will get the MSP. but school starts in Jan. need new car asap! :p

You guys are all concerned about which car is faster. After a certain point it does even matter? Think of how many cars that are being sold to the public that can't be used to 80-70-60% of their potential on the public roads. Cars like the Vette or the Viper.....hell what about the 350Z and many of the BMW M cars.

I never have guys come up next to me at a stoplight wanting to race. Maybe it is the part of the country that I am in but if it does happen, I don't give them the time of day. If I am going to race it is going to be on a track. I plan on taking some driving classes that I could not take in my Miata because I don't have a roll bar. I can't wait to see how the MS-P will handle on a nice road course like Mid-Ohio.

I would rather have a car I can drive 100% of its ability on the street than a car that you can only drive 100% of its ability on a race track and pnly 60% of its abilty in the street.

Who has the fastest car nowadays is a bit different. I have 6 points on my license and I don't need anymore. As long as this car handles amazingly, I will be happy. I am very surprised on the comments from MP3 owners on how they love their cars and that they wouldn't trade them in because they love how they handle. With the MS-P having a turbo in almost the same car....it must be outstanding. I can't wait!

My $.02.

Jonny

domestics are trashable Cars! thats not car that are feeling about the same even after 10 years of use.

Johnny miata, what youre saying is true, but im not talking about vette and viper, im talking about SpecV, MSP, GTI 1.8T, (sir is s***...), and all other small sport COMPACT car.... "pocket rocket"
Cars between 20-30K Can.... or around 20KUS$ I can tell you that a M3 is drivable 100% of time and its really a rocket, but its not in the same range of price so..

forgot the focus SRT4 and Neon but thats domestic....
althougt id want a 2.3L turbo in a G4 prot, anyone saw one of them?

Back