I did it! I gave up!

Prophet

I am now the proud owner of a '02 Subaru 2.5 RS! I will have pics soon! Thanks for everything everyone!

-Jeremy-

Prophet said:
I am now the proud owner of a '02 Subaru 2.5 RS! I will have pics soon! Thanks for everything everyone!

-Jeremy-

congrats! hope u have fun with your new car. what color? etc...still gonna be around to post?

GO AWAY THEN AND STOP POSTING!!! NO ONE CARES ABOUT YUR GAY MOBILE! OH SO BETTER THAN MSP!!! FOOEY!

j/k! :D
:p

Sheesh Mazda is beginning to build a tough crowd here. They better deliver those damn things soon before people really get fed up.

seriously, i thought you'd be the first driver of the msp...quitter, nah, good luck with it, and have fun on them scooby boards.haha

I think you made a mistake. For the same price range, the MSP is a better car. In another month, when the MSP is out, I think you'll regret your impatience. Just my opinion. :-/

Congrats, I think you made a sound decision and I'm sure you probably received a good deal on the purchase. The 2.5RS has lot of aftermarket options already available for you to mod with, oppose to the Mazdaspeed that doesn't. Once you get your Mazdaspeed you have wait a bit for all the goodies to appear (MP3 STILL WAITING). Not to say the Mazdaspeed is no good, but it honestly isn't all that... in the same price range... the Mazdaspeed, unlike the MP3 back then, now has serious competition in the market. Mazdaspeed isn't the only one to be beefing up their suspension along with their horsepower.

Allen said:
Congrats, I think you made a sound decision and I'm sure you probably received a good deal on the purchase. The 2.5RS has lot of aftermarket options already available for you to mod with, oppose to the Mazdaspeed that doesn't. Once you get your Mazdaspeed you have wait a bit for all the goodies to appear (MP3 STILL WAITING). Not to say the Mazdaspeed is no good, but it honestly isn't all that... in the same price range... the Mazdaspeed, unlike the MP3 back then, now has serious competition in the market. Mazdaspeed isn't the only one to be beefing up their suspension along with their horsepower.

Hmmm don't know what you mean by the MP3 still lacking in the aftermarket department...sure we might not be on the levels of a Civic, but there's tons of stuff....bodykits, turbo kits, full out coilovers, big brake kits, multiple intakes, pulleys, exhausts....not sure what you feel is missing? The same will go for the MazdaSpeed(I think even more companies/products will come down the pipeline now they see Mazda is serious about the performance market) and besides, I'd have to say from the factory there really won't be too much that needs to be done to the MSP.

Congrats on the purchase and just keep in mind that naturally we'll be just a little biased here on the Mazda site, but you are more than welcome to come by and let us know how things go! :)

BigBlue said:

Hmmm don't know what you mean by the MP3 still lacking in the aftermarket department...sure we might not be on the levels of a Civic, but there's tons of stuff....bodykits, turbo kits, full out coilovers, big brake kits, multiple intakes, pulleys, exhausts....not sure what you feel is missing? The same will go for the MazdaSpeed(I think even more companies/products will come down the pipeline now they see Mazda is serious about the performance market) and besides, I'd have to say from the factory there really won't be too much that needs to be done to the MSP.

Congrats on the purchase and just keep in mind that naturally we'll be just a little biased here on the Mazda site, but you are more than welcome to come by and let us know how things go! :)
I think hes refering to no headers yet. Also no turbo exhuasts

uhh

ok no offense but why would u do that. u couldnt have just waited?? the rs is pointless. if ur not gonna get mazda speed shoulda just saved for a wrx. besides, mp3s and msp look soooo much hotter. except i am a lil against the colors of the msp.

You guys are impossible. Do you realize what you are saying? Sheesh, hard headed difficult s.o.b.'s!

-Jeremy-

Prophet said:
You guys are impossible. Do you realize what you are saying? Sheesh, hard headed difficult s.o.b.'s!

-Jeremy-

i dunno man, its like 2 weeks left and you give up? what are we supposed to say?

BigBlue said:

Hmm ... okay, besides the obvious lack of headers (and turbo exhaust for the turbo folks). You're right, but I guess I want to see more name brand "Japanese" tuning companies work for Protege parts. I know we have Eibach (but the springs are not specifically designed for MP3s) and just recently I've seen Tein stuff being posted (not sure if the springs are specifically for the MP3). Tanabe, Greddy, HKS, Cusco, Kakimoto ... exhaust, headers, tie bars, etc.... these are just some examples of the folks I want to see specific parts for our cars, and not just "universal" parts. Need to buy from a company with a good rep, support and history behind it in the import scene. I don't think I'll be too eager to buy a part for my car just because John Doe designed it and some how it fits the MP3....

And I am still waiting for Tamiya to offer a Protege MP3 (doesn't have to be R/C either)! :D

Thats true the MP3s suspension was modified quite a bit in the rear to handle the better setup. Seems like there should be some specific parts where as there are non only stuff for pro sedan and 5

Back