Got a bov to work good with the MSM

:
2004 Miata Mazdaspeed
im using the Turbo XS RFL Blow Off Valve, this thing is loud and bitchen, i love the sound and the setup is da bomb, not sure how to post pics, so if someone can help me ill post them (rockon)

looks like a pretty good setup.. You could probably yoink the stock one out now too ;)

I'd love to hear how it sounds, but that's a bit harder to do....

You notice any differences in how it performs?

I copied your setup a couple days ago. I'm glad you figured this out, it works great. I was worried about venting to atmosphere, but there is no reason to. I'm using no washers( stock spring tenson) and it works fine, no stalling issues or bogging between shifts. This thing is loud though- I love it. Not the high pitched loud, it's like an air release sound. It's fun to see people look around when they hear it because it's not expected from a miata.

does anyoen have a link to a half decent comparision of different BOVs?

I'm interested, but I have no clue and haven't found a good spot to tell me what to look for and why the $200 ones are any better than the $75 ones?

rx7gslse said:
does anyoen have a link to a half decent comparision of different BOVs?

I'm interested, but I have no clue and haven't found a good spot to tell me what to look for and why the $200 ones are any better than the $75 ones?

I have audio of my HKS SQBOV. Personally the 200 are better but only if they are pull type like the HKS SQBOV. I do not like push types like the greddy type-s etc. The pull types dont leak at idle PERIOD. I have an audio clip of my BOV but I think that sound should be the least of anyones worries.

IMHO
1. Does it leak at idle
2. does it leak at boost
3. can you recirculate
are my important criteria

Latest posts

Back