I am not waiting!!!!!

Prophet

I am about 2 days away from calling it quits. Mazda can't get its head out of its collective ass enough to breath and give us a date.

They say they are supposed to be shipping this week. If that were true, wouldn't some of the dealers have them by now. I mean come on..... The midwest shipment of Speeds is sitting in Detroit. Don't you think if they were shipping that the 2 speed dealers in Detroit would have some. By my calculations, my dealer who is 2 to 3 hours away from Detroit should have mine. But no.

Not one dealer can give us a date when they are supposed to be in. They can say I think they are being shipped, but they don't. Do they have invoices, NO! They have invoices up to 2 days to a week before the cars arrive. Tomorrow is Thursday.... no car, no deal.

So to sum it up..... I am now looking at a 2002 Impreza 2.5 RS. I can get a hell of a deal on it and I think I am going to give it a day or so more and I am taking my deposit and my business elsewhere. Tough luck mazda, you dropped the ball!

-Jeremy-

i am almost in the same predicament as you...
this winter my civic is too low to drive (on springs/struts) and on summer tire yokohama's.

so if it starts snowing here in chicago. my options are:

1 keep the civic do coilover and snow tires about $600
2. WASTE money on the coilover and snow tires but have a "reliable" winter ride then trade it with the new parts.
3. tough it out..risk and accident and "wait" for the msp
4. buy an alternate car before the snow aka wrx

their fault or not..these guys are pissin people off. i went to the dealer today..couldn't promise anything in stone.."sounded"confident when they told me "next week" altho i've been hearing next week for the past month and a half!

Phophet and Orange Speed.

I think you guys should stick with the Mazdaspeed Protege..
You have your mind on this car for such a long time and you even decided to put a deposit a few months ago amd that this was the car you to drive for the next 5 years +.

Because the car hasn't arrived, and will arrive eventually, just give it a few or two more! Don't give up on it and go with something that you haven't even really thought about driving for the next 5 years +. Don't get me wrong, 2.5 RS and WRX especially, is a fanastic car.

Would you rather drive a car that you really like, with great performance, comfort and awesome looks or with something that is just another 'car' on the road.
As alot of people here already stated, that this car is well worth the wait!

You guys shouldn't think your in a bad situation. I don't even have a car right now, I'm taking the public transit in wait of my Mazdaspeed. Knowing that it will be worth it, and that there is only a few or two left 'til the car arrives, I'll continue to take the public transit. :(
This is my opinion.

-Limited Edition

yeah. i dont think i can wait either. theres a sweet deal on a black ITR that i want to jump all over, but am worried i'll regret at not at least driving the MSP

but i want the ITR so bad... :'(

Its over....tomorrow I will pick up a silver '02 Subaru RS..... if they give it to me for $19K and I think they will.....otherwise I wait a lil longer....

-Jeremy-

if you had bailed a few weeks ago i could understand. but now? c'mon man.....
MSPs have been SOLD and are being driven around on the road by their owners already in NJ and FL.....and they have arrived in VA. you should give it until the latest date we have heard, the 14th, its 1 more week! stick it out guys!

I have thought many times since putting down my deposit in july about other cars but i KNOW, like i think you all do, that when u are driving your wrx around or your ITR, and you see a MSP next to you, you are gonna have a little twang of "maaaan....."

same thing happen to me with my mp3 they delayed me for over 6 weeks from the original day i was told i would recieve it. i put my deposit down 3 months in advance. i say wait. The MSP is gonna be one sick car, why settle for an RS the MSP is unique and can handle its balls off. i some time wish i bought an rs i looked at one the time of my purchase. it was the same price as my mp3. i sometimes wish i had the awd but im so glad i got the mp3 once u drive it u will understand. the handling in these vehicles are truly amazing. u will never be able to drive a car that doesnt handle well again.

When I see proof that they are being driven or I am given a date that they will be available I will wait. But untill then, I am going to pass. Thanks for the help...

-Jeremy-

Ya I don't believe that anyone has one yet or knows when they will. If you get a Scooby, won't you regret not going with the WRX? I am thinking about going to check out on '03 silver WRX, but I might hold out a little longer. AWD kick ass. I am a little pissed that there are coming out with a 2003.5 MSP with body changes, although subtle, it still pisses me off, even though I don't like it as well.

Got to say I've got a lot of sympathy for you guys looking at bailing. (hear ya) I just reminded my sales guy that I've had a deposit since July...4 friggin months!!!!:wtf:

With all the flip flopping at Mazda, I can't believe that I'm now thinking of more masochism by waiting for the 2003.5. Love the 911 Turbo type spoiler, and hate the 03 Pagoda wing. Shame that the Radioactive Pumkin Orange has grown on me. (smash)

If you gotta go, you gotta go. If I were defecting, I would go to my second choice...Spec V. Cheaper, and a better performer than the RS (except in the snow/rain). Haven't driven the RS because my cousin said he didn't like its lack of power (and I'm more of a power freak than him); however it's a tough as nails car.

Good luck in whatever you choose (drinks)

I really can't believe you guys are bailing on the MSP! Turning down such rare little beasties.. :( I dunno what to say.

Last edited:
colin949

you guys make me sick.. and Rs, or civic come on thats soo weak. Its worth waiting another year, and its going to come by the 15th, who cares even if it comes a week lata than that, your going to have that car for sooo long. and when you have your rs or civic your going to be driving one day and a mazdaspeed is going to pass you by, and your going to look back and say damn i could have had it, if i would have just w aited. T o sum it up good things are worth waiting for.

ps. dont damn yourself, get the speed

Re: colin949

colin949 said:
rs or civic your going to be driving one day and a mazdaspeed is going to pass you by, ps. dont damn yourself, get the speed

i'm waiting til it starts snowing decently here. which will prolly be the end of the month at this rate. i'm not giving up yet. as for my civic. it ran 14.4 in the quarter all motor with bolt ons. so alilbit has to be done to the MSP to pass me by. i'm not given up yet. but if it's not here in 2-3 weeks...my guess when it starts snowing. something else will most likely be done.

Yeah, what he said!!!!! Heehee....what you boys gonna do while is snowing? You will be slippin and sliding all over the place. You can't drive the MSP in the snow are ya crazy? The RS has 5 HP less than the MSP and yes I do know it is a lil slower because of drive train loss and the AWD..... but with a few things here and there...boom....175 hp...no biggie....

The MSP has till noon today to let me know that it is on its way...if not then sorry mazda lost a sale.... and future customers as well.

-Jeremy-

i'm with you, stick it to Mazda. as much as i love my RX-7 if the company can't get their s*** together they loose customers in and general that means money. i've waited for the RX-8 to come out for sometime now just to see if its going to be something i'm truely going to love but damnit, nobody knows jack about it when it comes right down to it. its all speculation which is no way to run a business. if people are calling dealerships practically harrassing them about when cars are going to be in that right there has to say something. that should get back to some corp. guy who you'd think something would click in his head like "oh maybe we should get these cars out". send people down to these shipping yards to get their asses in gear putting on whatever tube or hose it is and get the damn things rolling already or be prepaired to have people start taking back their downpayments.

I can completely understand, heck, I've pretty much have given up as well, but with it being so close, what the hell, I've waited this long, why not another 2 weeks. Everything that I've seen and heard from here and other sources say the 15th is the date. I'm expecting my actual date to be even later due to the actual shipping distance.

But look, your looking at an RS. Not a bad car, but they are a dime a dozen. There will always be an RS for sale somewhere. Wait a couple of weeks, you won't be sorry. If that car handles anything like the mp3, it'll be amazing. I wouldn't take a RS over an MP3, yet alone a MSP. I don't know if you've ever driven an MP3 before, but NOTHING compares to it for handling. It really does spoil you. I have driven other nice cars since, bmw's, vette etc...and I'm sorry, but the mp3 is just amazing, and the msp should be at least as good.

RS over an MSP....your nuts. Not even in the same league. You didn't wait this long to give up this close did ya?

If yuo are slipping and sliding in an MSP in the snow you need to learn how to drive.. I have lived in Michigan all my life and on the west side of michigan (for those not from around here.. lake effect snow is fun). I have had a RWD Ranger and a Cougar.. The only thing to happen to me in the snow was the Cougar spun out (my fault on an entrance ramp.. it was icy, AWD would have done nothing to help).. any other time I have had any troble driving was when there was ice out and NO ONE could drive those times, regardless of AWD, 4X4, RWD, or FWD.

I'm pretty sure no one would be able to drive the msp in the snow with the stock tires/wheels, no matter how good you are; you need to be moving to be good, and if its snowing even slightly, you won't be moving far. (that is if the 17 tires are similar to the mp3's) MP3+stock wheels+snow=trouble
Snow tires/wheels are a definite must have.

Back