final news on msp

djPhobic

alright ppl....i talked to mazda and they said that the axz plan from ford is good on the msp but is at dealer's discretion as is the price they sell the car for/as in they can charge however the hell much they want......also, the colors are black and orange and both are shipping and should be getting to dealers by the 15th or sooner.....sooner for dealers closer to the ports of course......

Just to let you know this is true...i have already pre-ordered a black MSP and am getting the xplan on it.....this is through mazda of bedford just outside of cleveland

djPhobic said:
alright ppl....i talked to mazda and they said that the axz plan from ford is good on the msp but is at dealer's discretion as is the price they sell the car for/as in they can charge however the hell much they want......also, the colors are black and orange and both are shipping and should be getting to dealers by the 15th or sooner.....sooner for dealers closer to the ports of course......

Just to let you know this is true...i have already pre-ordered a black MSP and am getting the xplan on it.....this is through mazda of bedford just outside of cleveland

what about all the other talk about end of the month? read the rest of these forums too...i don't think we'll see it til end of nov. (hope i'm wrong tho)

I just got off the phone with Bert Gray at Mazda of Bedford. He told me that they weren't accepting the x-plan. Who did you talk to?

slug420 said:
orange speed. some ppl already have theirs, so next week is a reasonable time

not to doubt. someone should show a few pics or something or in a dealership or whatnot...only place where pics shown was import shows...there was a show 2 saturdays ago in chicago that had one..but it was dealer sponsored. i'd like to see some proof...my contact tells me end of the month...hope i'm wrong tho

xplan

Limited Edition, in Canada it is called A-plan and it is a discount on ford/ mazda products for ford or ford supplier employees. I have already checked with Mazda Canada and the MSP does not apply.

X-Plan - Also known as a Supplier Discount that Ford gives to its suppliers (Ford/Lincoln/Mercury).

A-Plan - Also known as an Employee Discount for Ford Employees (Ford/Lincoln/Mercury).

S-Plan - Also known as the Mazda discount both Ford and Ford Suppliers get on Mazda.

Ok, I'm going to say it one last time. Everybody paying attention? Good...

PLAN PRICING IS AT THE DEALER'S DISCRETION

It always is. If they want to give you a plan price on a MS Pro, they will. If they want to deny it on a 2002 Tribute, they will. It doesn't depend on model, country or model year, only on what that particular dealer wants to do.

so wait jasonh, i dont get it. I called my dealer and asked about it and he said i couldnt use the x-plan on my msp........:)

does the X-Plan even apply to mazda? I went to the site for it and it indicates only the S-Plan applies to mazda and that the x-plan is good for ford/lincoln/mercury

The Partner Recognition Program offers substantial savings on most Ford Motor Company vehicles. Partner pricing varies by brand, as follows:

X-Plan
Pre-determined price based on Ford Employee ("A-Plan") price.
The X-Plan price is noted on the dealer invoice (except for
Land Rover)

Ford/Mercury/TH!NK A-Plan + 4% + $150
Lincoln A-Plan + 4% + $250
Volvo A-Plan + 2%
Land Rover Dealer Invoice + 4%

S-Plan
Pre-determined price based on Mazda Employee price ("E-Plan") and noted on the dealer invoice

Mazda E-Plan + 5.3%

X-Plan doesn't apply to Mazda, S-Plan does.. its the equavilent to X-Plan.

ie - X-plan on a F/L/M allows someone to get S-Plan on a Mazda.

And JasonH -

You are correct it is up to the dealer UNLESS Mazda prohibits them from offering it on a vehicle (It is not the dealer that loses the $ afterall it is, in this case, Mazda Motor) the reason Mazda would not offer the S-Plan on an MSP is that for them to profit as much as they had forecasted or to break even they cannot eat the roughtly 2k off the S-Plan would give. Do I agree with them, no I think I should get it, but no matter what, at this time, Mazda is prohibiting dealers from offering the S-Plan.

If you have any information stating Mazda isn't prohibiting the S-Plan shoot me an email (ZnCoug@comcast.net) because I have the memo saying they cannot.

You guys are all to confussing. I don't care about X, A, or S plan I only care about the Y plan, as in Y isn't my car here?!?

MI MSP said:
X-Plan doesn't apply to Mazda, S-Plan does.. its the equavilent to X-Plan.

ie - X-plan on a F/L/M allows someone to get S-Plan on a Mazda.

so am i correct in interpreting this as meaning that anyone who has the X plan also has the S plan by default?

I dont really know why they wouldnt just lump mazda into the X plan.....maybe they want to be able to give the S plan to ppl working for mazda but not give them the whole X plan...

Ok, my father is retired from Ford. A-Plan is what you get when you currently work for FoMoCo. When he retired it became the Z-Plan for retired employees. When my wife and I bought her P5, we wanted to buy it on the employee discount. The dealership told us that S-Plan was only for "Mazda" employees and that the Z-Plan was not accepted at a Mazda dealership. Well, I called Ford to see if it was possible. At that point, they told us that it was at the descretion of the dealership, that technically they liked to use the discount for employees of each appropriate division, but if my dealer wanted to offer it to me at that price, they could. The dealer said they did not know if they were gonna do it and I told them.."you are if you expect me to buy this car!" and they did. Now the price was $16,400 with the rear bumper protector, sunroof, alarm (not just keyless), floormats, etc.. Ya know, fully loaded except ABS (yuck!!) and changer. Now I do not know if that is really a good price or not, but it was almost $2k cheaper than what the sicker said. At any rate, I do not know if the "use it or I won't buy" approach will work when trying to buy an MSP (because of demand) but they do have the ability to accept it, if they so desire. Like someone said, they control the price once the car is in their possession. Good luck.

peace
Griff

P.S. djPhobic, it looks like we don't live far from each other, we should hook up so you can take me for a ride in your MSP if/when you get it.

For active Ford employees (and relatives) the Mazda plan is the "F" Plan. This F Plan, like the X Plan, is not applicable for 'specialty' automobiles. You can't use the X Plan for Ford SVT autos, and likewise can't use the F Plan for the Mazdaspeed automobiles.

slug: Hi, I had a couple questions about the MSP
salesman: sure, what can I help you with
slug: do you know if I would be able to use the S-plan on it?
salesman: hahaha...........no chance.
slug: :(

Back